?wireless GPS

Alan McLean

• Committee

Any recommendations for a GPS that uploads wirelessly and automatically after a ride?

My Garmin 500 is great but the PC doesnt recognise it half the the time and I have to plug and unplug and then click and drag.

Prefer the smaller models. I like Garmin.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

the 1000 has wifi whereas the 520 is more comparable in size to the 500 - however no wifi but you can upload via bluetooth if your mobile phone is synced up. You can set this up to so automatically when you save the ride

If your PC isnt recognising the 500 it might just be the USB cable at fault. Ive never had an issue with garmin branded one but have had with generic cables.

• 2023 Subscriptions

What Ian said, but also have a look at your PC. If you're still runnng WIndows XP, that can be problematical since Garmin don't support the interface anymore.

I've not had any issues (with that!) since upgrading to W10.

Ive got a 510 i just connect it with bluetooth to my phone and upload to strava through the garmin connect app. Does it pretty much automaticaly.

Has got strava segments and an update for varia lights if you ever want them. Cant say id know any better but remember reading reviews that said the touch screen wasnt as good as other models.

• 3 weeks later...