Cycling over the holidays

George

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really need to get the finger out so will be looking to do a bit over the xmas holidays.

I'm looking to do a bit of steady riding down the coast. In fact, I don't mind where we go but you'll likely catch your death waiting for me if we go anywhere hilly.

I'm heading out on Boxing Day for starters, 10am at the clubrooms.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I will still be out, but if nobody in this forum is going to turn up (rules #5 & #9) then I notice that there is a meetup in Renfrew.  It will be bad form to commit to another over this but if you are going to make it do post a confirmation.  Otherwise I may have to opt into the Renfrew bunch.

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

Sorry George for hijacking your post!

I'm keen to get out tomorrow, so here's my planned route - staying fairly local (to me anyway, riding a set of half (arsed) self built wheels, so major manchanical likely :-) hence riding within home territory just in case):

10am start at Johnstone clubroom -

- Bowfield - Lugton - Stewarton - Moscow loop - back onto A77 - Whitelee windfarm - Eaglesham - Mearns - Barrhead then back into Paisley?!

A wee bit of climbing, circa 70km (40miles) most likely wet :-/

Anyone fancy it?

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

My .......... That's was wet, windy & cold :-/

Thanks to Gerard for the company round the shorten route, missing out the Moscow loop - thankfully!

Without a cafe stop since none was open, but Gerard did not disappoint. At Stewarton, he whipped out 2 china cup from his back pocket & poured me a cup of "mulled wine" from his flask :-) Fantastic, just the very thing to warm ourselves up!

First time I've ever had them and certainly the less expected time to try it :-) thanks you!

Just about dried myself up for (hopefully) a much dryer run tomorrow!

P.S I did not (understandably so) see any other cyclist out today at all :-0 they must have better weather forecast app than me :-)

Cheers

Chung