VC Glasgow South John Davies Memorial 28 June

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

5 full laps after the first lap according to the e mail Iain so 6 if you count that. I may do a recce on Saturday as I've not ridden this course although have checked it out on strava not too much climbing so good news there !

I checked it out on Saturday and like you say not much climbing (still more than i like!)  - hill out of Kilmaurs then another one shortly after that, nothing as big as the dams climb. Couple more lumps but nothing huge. Tricky left hander as the course takes turn before Stewarton - its on a descent, tight and off camber. Also a couple of big potholes to watch out for that might be missed in the middle of a bunch

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not much to report from me - another DNF :(  Slow puncture, which i knew i'd need to stop for at some point and spent a lap wondering where would be best in terms of hills and headwinds to give me a chance of getting back on. However as soon as i put my hand up all motivation to chase and good intentions to finish vanished and i chucked it and rolled back to the HQ.

Sorry for not waiting around,  hope it went well.

Unlucky Alan at the sprint. I had been positioning myself ok up until the last corner but couldn't make up the ground to give you a hand in the sprint on that last drag. The finish line was actually nearer than I thought so I could probably have completely emptied the tank to get up had I known. Well done Iain nae luck with the puncture - know the feeling with mechanicals and well done Paul for fulfilling your role as road captain excellently :icon_hee-haw

• 2023 Subscriptions

Aye bad luck Iain especially when you have good form. Was a fairly typical race and the circuit was really good. the drag out of Kilmaurs was the main challenge and it seemed the neutral zone passing of this drag was the hardest in the race!

I was able to stay near the front ok except on the drag when I drifted back to meet Colin drifting forward. Was quite a few breaks in the race but only really one that looked a serious threat to the yellow jersey that Alan was wearing as leader of the WOSCA series. It was my duty to muster the bunch to chase it back and it actually worked fine we caught them pretty quick when we got to it.

I had Alan on my wheel in the habble to the last corner which was an important point to be in first 10 as it was a tailwind rip to the line from there. Unfortunately he got caught in the melee after the corner.

Scorecard at end of day was me 16th, Alan 22nd, Colin 26th.

Good for Scottish cycling to see a podium that were ages with my daughters.

:)