Club Run Sunday 10th May - Crow/Aberfoyle (aka MSR)

chung

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

Keeping a keen eye on the long term weather "forecast" for Sunday, it looks dry at least but that can all change tomorrow :-(

However, I would like to propose a run with the following route in mind to see if anyone fancy a wee pedal over the bridge:

Johnstone - GT Road - Bridge - Hardgate - Kyber Pass or Milngarvie - Strathblane - Lennoxtown - Crow Road - Fintry - Kippen - Arnprior - B8034 - Port of Monteith - Aberfoyle (Cafe Stop) - Gartmore - "Pipe track" - Dryman - A809 - Croftamie - Cycle Route 7 - Bonhill - Dumbarton - Bridge - Home

The route would be approx. 80 miles door to door :-) Basically this is the reverse route of the one I & a few did back in 29th March (in crappy weather) ;-)

A few climbs, but very manageable by everyone. It would be great to have some wheels to follow so all welcome to join in the fun!

Now, lets hope the weather plays ball & be nice to us cyclist! :-)

P.S Dr. McLean, I'm trying to do a mash up of MSR (Milan-SanRemo) as you suggested, the closest I got is

Milngarvie - Strathblane - cycle ROUTE 7. Does that count? Not as exotic I must admit  icon_blue_laugh 

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hello Iain & Marty,

If you guys are push for time, then a detour after Fintry (dropping down after doing the Crow Rd.) towards Killearn & onto A809 heading to Croftamie for Cycle Route 7 then bridge, would cut out the Port of Monteith/Aberfoyle part. This would still allow you to complete the MSR  :grin:  & should get you home in time for lunch!

If only Sunday's weather is like today, then it'll do nicely!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

It's started raining quite a bit here now, what happened to the sun like this morning? :-(

What with not much folks coming out now for tomorrow, I'll re-assess the situation tomorrow morning & post accordingly whether it's on or not!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Sorry folks! :-(

I'm not going to be out this morning for the run, apologies to those who had plan on coming out!

Hoping for better (at least dry) weather next Sunday :-/

Have a nice day!

And Good luck to the TT'ers on Westferry!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another Sunday, another turbo session. Honestly, you'd think now that the election is over, Cameron and his cronies could get on with sorting the weather out.