Blair Hard Riders Hilly TT

Big Al

First TT outing of the year, the clue as to how I would get on is in the title, Hilly!

A testing day and a testing course for the larger tester! Set off strongly into the headwind, got the heart rate up nicely but the 4 miles of dragging hills in the first stretch, even with a tailwind, sapped the power. Caught for 2 minutes by a skinny looking Big Ben on 5 miles, another few miles and caught by David Griffiths for 4 minutes (if he hadn't taken a wrong turn he may have won).

The top 3 of Silas, Ben and David were over 3 minutes clear of everyone else in the end, I ended up mid field in 13th, but some good hard miles in the legs for the flat courses! Took the uphill sprint finish to repass my minute man :)

Glad I left the TT bike and fancy wheels at home and went with the winter bike and mudgaurds, between the crosswinds, gear changes and rough road it was a bit tricky, most folk I talked too hadn't enjoyed the TT bikes too much!

Couttie finished in 16th, I'm sure he'll tell his own tale below

• 2023 Subscriptions

Al described well enough the conditions, i found the rolling hills harder to ride as you coudnt get up the same speed to roll up the other side due to side winds which were quite strong at times. Ridden in worse so cant realy complain.Good to get the first tt under the belt.

iain

ps well done to Michael an interloper from ivey who hitched a lift, his first tt so a baptism of fire or rather wind and rain.

pps glad not to finish last.