track Sep 11th

Alan McLean

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good night overall but would be nice to have a bit more track time as there were only 3 races tonight and the distances were a bit shorter too. Good to see so many Wheelers and Jets, by far the biggest representation of all the clubs.

Overall legs felt better than last week although the results didnt really show it much. First up in the C was a 30 lap points and the sprints were fast - 2nd sprint was 45 mph, thats the fastest i've seen at the track league so far. Normally the sprints in the points are a bit slower than in the scratch but not tonight, well done to Alan for winning this.

Second up 15 lap scratch - my positioning was pretty woeful on this, thought i was being smart and was marking Kevin Stewart but i guess the distance was too much for him.

Third another 15 lap scratch - managed to get a second, helped no doubt by the field being a bit smaller! Managed to avoid doing any work then there was a Thomsons rider about a half lap ahead, i attacked with 5 to go and managed to bridge however by that time the other Thomsons rider had got away from the group and was on my wheel and came past.

Rider of the night was Richard - 2 breakaway wins in the Bs and also i think in the top 3 in the points.

Good night but again short races was not really at the races tonight mainly due to never being in the right place

Might miss the next few weeks work getting in the way

Richard a class above the B s

• Committee

Yes red jersey definitely goes to Richard who had the bottle and strength to power away from the very strong B's to gain two magnificent solo wins Ohyadancer! :banana

It was the Big Al tactics....get a gap then produce 6 W/k for six or seven laps. Richard left the other riders in disarray and won by half a lap each time. I doubt they will let him get away next time.

Lewis was the strongest youth in the A group and found himself in the leading bunches through the night. He was up against the current senior Scottish National Champion which gives you some idea of the level Lewis is racing at now. Youth in name only.

Five Jets in the youth race, podiums for Danny Ohyadancer! :banana . The girls are all riding in the top half of the bunch but are still having to compete with the boys which is a little unfair because it is very hard for them to get a top spot.

See you there next week.

Remember to enter online by 1800 on Sunday to be sure of a place, but they might accept apologies and late entry

Alan

• Members

I've got no idea what happened last night. I could hear the commentator talking about my "classic attack" as I rode round for the win on my own. On both occasions it wasn't so much an attack as an attempt to lift the pace to a level where it looked like we were racing. Riders seemed very reluctant to drive the bunch forward and - with the greatest respect to the others in the group - it was uncomfortably slow at times. I would love to see the times for the three B races.

The final race was much, much harder. Everybody got their act together and had a real go at winding it up. It turned into a slog-fest - last-man-standing stuff. A masterclass from me in how not to ride a points race, leading out five times out of seven on the sprint laps only to be passed by one, two, sometimes three riders in the home straight. Not good. I only managed second and was well beaten by the winner.

As everyone else has said, it's great to see so many Wheelers and Jets racing. Blue and yellow jerseys were everywhere last night, and it's always nice to hear a wee "good luck" from a friendly face on your way to the start.

I've spoken to Janette and I'm going to ride in the As next week, with initial aims of not making a nuisance of myself and trying to finish in the bunch. See you next week, people!