Main bunch 4 August

Guest EPCC

Sunday main bunch - heading for Troon. Depart 09.00 from Miller Street. Slight variation on usual route.

Bowfield, Lugton, down Lochlibo Rd to Irvine and onto Troon. Return via Dundonald, Gatehead, Crosshouse, Kilmaurs and Fenwick. Choice of Stewarton, Dunlop, Lugton and back to Miller St, or up the A77, Mearns, Barrhead, Paisley and Johnstone thereafter. Eaglesham Moor a possibility for those who want it if A77 option taken. Majority rule at Fenwick.

Post if you're riding.

M

I'll be there.

Troon would have been my suggestion but you beat me to it, Mark.

Not keen on Barrhead/Paisley bit - too many traffic lights. Maybe from Mearns we can take Craigton Road to Neilston then up Dalek hill over to Johnstone - nice long climb to finish!

• Life Members

An excellent Club run this morning all the way to sunny Troon!

10 Wheelers left the clubroom this morning (would have been 11 if only Colin could have made it) Mark, Tom, Paul C, Bill T, Elaine, John (Elder), John (younger), Darryl, Greg & myself.

The pace down to Troon was steady but not slow, everyone taking their turn which made a change for me from yesterday's 2 man effort. The strong head wind certainly didn't hamper our progress as we were in Troon by 11am. Well deserved coffee/tea & rolls/cakes was enjoyed by all.

The slight tail wind on the way home was just reward from before & we were back in Fenwick in no time. At this point the bunch split with Mark & myself heading home, with Paul & John opting for extra miles so we carried on up the A77. The rest head towards Stewarton and Johnstone.

No crashes or mechanical, just a slight hiccup when Bill's wallet fell out of his jersey pocket, causing a minor earthquake when it landed due to the load! ;-)

Thanks to everyone for the wheels & company on this run........happy days!

There was talk about heading over the bridge to Kilcreggan for next Sunday. But I see Billy have posted up to go to LARGS for that day, so maybe the week after then?

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Apologies, we started with 11! I forgot about Iain Couttie, sorry Iain! (That's for staring at my backside all day icon_blue_laugh )

Also, we had a guest rider for part of the way out to Troon - Davie B with his new shiny white Canyon (out test riding), lovely bike indeed!

Cheers

Chung

Chung we were in the cafe at 10:30 such was our speed!

I did a long lop back vi neilston, peesweep gatezide beith track to lw.

81 miles at 17 ave _ a good ride.

Well done to those who normally do the intermediate run for sticking with the pace and distance!