June 1st Neilston Recce

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

So 9am club rooms for anyone interested in checking out the rout for the Neilston Nocturne. Once on the rout I think we should get a wee bit racy.

Just saying. Who's up? Doesn't matter if you're racing or not

Andy

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Not possible for me as I am driving boat at rowing regatta.

Do you know what the course is? Is it posted somewhere?

:)

In a river.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

So 9am club rooms for anyone interested in checking out the rout for the Neilston Nocturne. Once on the rout I think we should get a wee bit racy.

Just saying. Who's up? Doesn't matter if you're racing or not

Andy

Andy, nothing too racy, we are a family club....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard

Indeed a very difficult decision. Track league or road race on a Wednesday night. Having this conundrum was the stuff of dreams just a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I tossed a coin and its Neilston Nocturne for me.

:)

• Members

I was swithering, too. I was going to follow the bulk of the herd and stick an entry in for the nocturne, but it sounds like the chance of getting a start is pretty slim. Easier for me to get to the velodrome as well. Track league it is. Cheers!

• Members

The organiser says he's got 90-plus entries, Billy, and I've got no previous results. I've entered the track league now anyway. If I can keep riding without getting stiff and sore again I'll maybe stick an entry in for one of these other midweek WOSCA races.

• Life Members

Nae luck John,

The bunch has been struck down by a few bout of "stuck caliper" recently, first it was Colin and now you!

We'll need to vaccinate our selfs to stop this virus from spreading immediately as a matter of urgency!

Don't blame the equipment, it's usually the mechanic (you) that's at fault! ;-)

If you want, I'll be so generous & swop your Sram Red ones for a set of Tiagra, how's that? ;-)

Nice day to be on the bike today! Are you out tomorrow?

Cheers

Chung

hi chung a knw a think its just teethin troubles,av had less bother with ma wint bike,hey ho spent a bit o time there on it its going back into big ring with slight adj to frnt mech so hope thats solved it,calipers a mistery as it has seized twice and the twice av hit a pothole but didnt think it should have done this!hope ma legs have recovered and fresh for tomor a think billy said its 830 unless anything has changed since the smorn,

hands off ma shram al bring paddlocks incase u saboutage ma bike when am in cafe lol!

hope to c use sun

cheers

j

• Life Members

John,

Is it your rear or front brakes?

When you say "seized", do you mean the brake arms are not returning to its open position after you release the lever? If that's the case, then it could be your return springs that needs attention or the pivot point(s) needs lube-ing! Also, did you check whether your brakes are centered?

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Chung

hi chung yes both brake blocks are stuck to rims,have wd40d them, they are workin ok until a hit a pothole so am not to sure what the prob is a central ma brakes everytime a go out av never had sram b4 so mibe this is an added xtra lol ! hope its ok for tomor cheers chung will double check the brakes b4a set out sun

;-) j