Chain gang 25th April @6.30PM

charlie p

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

twisted my ankle on a dodgy paving slab in town today, so leg is up with some ice
:madashell
dont want to risk it any further with MARJORCA, MAJORCA, MAJORCA in mind, so will play by ear until tomorrow....

Ian

W-I-M-P !!!!

Best to give it a miss, Ian. Thursday is just for hard men.

You should put a claim in thru those injury-lawyers-for-you sheisters- could get a new bike out of it :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

W-I-M-P !!!!

Best to give it a miss, Ian. Thursday is just for hard men.

You should put a claim in thru those injury-lawyers-for-you sheisters- could get a new bike out of it :)

MMMmmm, interesting, need to get myself a good lawyer.... Charlie, do you know any good lawyers ??

• 2023 Subscriptions

Might be able to make this depending on finishing work in time. However if anyone is reluctant to have someone doing their first wheelers ride in the chain gang i'll understand and not bother. Or i suppose i could ride at the back behind everyone to keep out the way (a cunning excuse for some wheel sucking)

I know this is different to what it would be like on a weekend club ride so when i'm dropped i'm dropped etc.

Don't worry - those who have not done it before wil get a full 10 second briefing at the start and get shouted at during the run! :-)

Charlie asked me to take charge this week as he is getting wet in Majorca so that means I get to set the pace!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Epic!

The bogs bunch caught us going down bishy hill & we all got stuck into the headwind.

Some of us went up the clune. Some took the shortcut.

Regroup at the top then motored it on the way home. 3 got away along the Georgetown & I came 2nd in what was left of the group.

Loads of guys got tailed off so chapeau to the JWCC!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Truly epic chain gang. Thanks to couriers and others for a fun evenings cycle.

After regroup at the top of Clune the bunch were strung out all the was to BoW. You could hear the elastic snapping as 3 guys got away. A bunch 6 including Georgie, Greg, James and myself started chasing them down. I lost their wheel at Houston roundabout so head down to try and catch them all the way to the finish.

Later George said how he thought he'd catch me on the Clune. Oh how we laughed! He's so very funny!

Good to meet Ian tonight and almost meet Andrew who both acquitted themselves well!

Hugh did his splendid 'I can float up hills thing'. Never fail to be impressed by that!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks for showing me the ropes, hope i didnt do anything too daft.

Enjoyable and painful in equal measures. The wee hill after the lights at Bridge of Weir had me dropped - i've riden it a few times before and never really thought it as a hill - different story with legs burning and trying to get back on the bunch!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Jan,

You just have to position yourself near the front so you can slide back down the group without getting tailed off.

Gets easier with experience. You certainly have the legs.