Main Bunch Sunday 6

Guest EPCC

Thinking of two options weather dependant neither involve the coast

Option 1 north side roseneath and back

Option 2 Transmitter hill but real roads not farm tracks

Who's in

• Life Members

Hi Billy & All,

SInce you are heading over the bridge & with Majorca approaching I think some hills will do us all good. So, may I suggest a venture further up North. I've spoken to Allan M & he's come up with the following route:

Clubroom - Erskine Bridge, Khyber Pass, Cuilt Brae, Killearn, Fintry, Campsie Resevoir, Tak me Doon, Lennoxtown, Strathblane, Old Mugdock, Milngavie, Bridge - Home

Reasonable mix of hills and faster stretches.

Road surface a bit mixed on Campsie Res road.

80ish miles from clubroom

Café options: Campsie Glen is obvious one!

How's about it then?

Cheers

Chung

I'm aiming to be out on Sunday. Not 100% certain tho - I may have the girls staying over Sat night. An 80 mile run from Miller Street as per Chung's post would probably be more than my legs could handle right now but I would certaining look to tag along for a good bit of the day. Would prefer the original Option 1 run and I could bale at Sinclair Street If necessary. I'll post if my plans change.

M

PS - Yeah, just who is Allan M. Just askin' like.

• Life Members

Chaps, who is this "Allan M" indeed!

Well, he's a Johnstone Wheeler, he's a guy, his names Allan & his surname begin with M........ what else more can I say. Oh, he's a mate of Iain McGinty if that helps. :grin:

http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/thebunch/index.php?/user/3469-allanm/

Mark, will be good to see you on Sunday & there's plenty of bale-out option in that route I think.

P.S Shouldn't the Sunday be the 7th instead of 6th as Billy posted. "Sat 5th Barmill"....... at least there's consistency!

Cheers

I would prefer the original option 1.

Mark - full run for me from LW would be about 90 miles so may not manage the whole route.

Might consider cafe stop at Garelochhead and head back.

I'll see how the legs feel on the day.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Can't be out all day so would be route 1 for me.

Not like Chung to post up alternative routes.

Has someone hacked his account?

• Life Members

Billy, it's me indeed & no one has hack into my account!

Pardon my ignorance but I wasn't sure what the "Option 1 north side roseneath and back" route detail is, you'll need to elaborate for my benefit.

I'm cool with missing the Tak me Doon & take the Crow Road instead for reasons you've stated.

But be prepare to "enjoy" the Cuilt Brae if we're heading that way! :grin: I've not ridden on it but have been in a car.......... joy!

I'll catch you end of Georgetown Road heading towards the bridge regardless!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Billy, I would be & I'm sure some folks would too to know more about the Option 1 route so we (me especially) can choose the route accordingly.

I'm interested in it too if only I can get some detail on where & how far we'll be heading. Very much appreciated in advance!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Billy, thanks for the detail!

Just to be clear, is that the left on the round-about just pass the entrance to the Glen Fruin climb? If thats the turn then I think it'll take you round to Kilcreggan & up the Coulport climb?

Thanks

Chung