Don Smith

Guest EPCC

• Life Members

Excellent Don Smith ride as usual, lots turned up & all those flashy, bling bikes makes my eyes hurts ........ and with envy! :grin:

Thanks to the organisers - Kenny S, Martin M & all the helpers for their work on the day.

Our group of 10 mostly Wheelers of Iain C, Mary, Andrew, Paul C, Peter, Ritchie, Bill T, Boyd, myself & together with John - our special guest on the day from the Fullerton Wheelers (thinking of joining too) formed a nice tidy bunch with everyone working together around the 67 mile course. A quick cafe stop in Largs (13 minutes in total, the fastest in my experience) at the Bagel Basket for some much needed fuel after an early start for me especially.

The climb up the Clune was interesting - a police car sound its sirens as we started the climb. I thought we were causing public disorder but it turned out to be Kay on duty who just gave us a "friendly" wave .......... phew!

Anyway, had to cut my ride slightly short by turning towards BOW just before Lochwinnoch then home, as I was pushed for time. I hope everyone got back to HQ ok! Apologies to Iain C for tricking him to do the long ride & then abandoning him before the finish, sorry!

Many thanks again & appreciate the wheels!

Cheers

Chung

Hard but enjoyable. Ayrshire seems to be one long hill after another. Thnaks to David without whom I would still be lost in Barnmill and the three guys we teamed up with at Stevenson. The way out of Beith seemed to cause a lot of confusion, but the speedo said 44.8 miles at the end. Thanks to the organisers. Must be a huge amount of work.

Stephen