Wednesday 20th Feb

Colin H

Right, i have now submitted an entry for my first (and possibly last) track league session. Obviously I have to hear that my entry has been accepted but in the event that it will be can those who have hired bikes for these sessions please advise on how to go about it.

Do you have to book in advance or can you turn up on the night and pay at the hire station?

Colin Hello,beer!!

• Members

I've entered. I'm on early shifts on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll ride anyway - if I get a start - and deal with the consequences afterwards. I dropped my bike and rollers off tonight and had a wee keek at the track while I was there. I think I saw Lewis on the boards amongst a healthy complement of Jets. It was a very noisy session whoever they were. Lots of shouting.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I've entered. I'm on early shifts on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'll ride anyway - if I get a start - and deal with the consequences afterwards. I dropped my bike and rollers off tonight and had a wee keek at the track while I was there. I think I saw Lewis on the boards amongst a healthy complement of Jets. It was a very noisy session whoever they were. Lots of shouting.

It's all about communication - so lots of shouting! Three Jets - Lewis & Danny M plus Sarah B at a BC School of Racing. 7 hour session on Madison. Really top skills on display from the youngsters, mastering the art of the handsling.

Plenty of good coaching points passed on, to Jets and their coach. Ohyadancer!

• Members

Four Wheelers riding tonight, with Colin H making his debut. Lots of Jets, too, and a handful of bikeless cheerleaders in the track centre. The Mulholland brothers gave the grown-ups a good showing up again - two 3rd places and one 2nd place for Lewis in the Bs, and two 3rd places and a win for Danny in the Youth group! Well done again, lads. Classy.

Well that probably went better than I expected Ohyadancer!

Hung in quite well to finish with the bunch in the 1st scratch race and may even admit to enjoying it The bloke's not well...

Completely messed up the tactics in the Devil and probably went out after about 5 before me.

20 lap points race went off like a rocket even before the start of lap 1 A wee bit of help. Held onto the back of the string and lasted to about lap 15 before the elastic broke (and my legs spun into oblivion thanks to the light gearing on the hire bikes)

Learned that if the A group are doing a 40lap points race they don't do the devil that was supposed to preceed my last scratch race :angryfire so whilst gabbing in track centre thinking I had plenty of time I looked up to see my group starting Stoooopid! and that was the end of my night.

Excuses - Light gearing, too many young uns, still recovering from manflu and race organisers changing race schedule, £30 to race (bike and shoe hire and race entry).

Positives - throughly enjoyed it, did quite well in race 1, didn't crash and didn't cause one.

Probably won't be back until my track bike is built up RSN (Real Soon Now). as £120 a month for about 15mins racing is more than painful :madashell

Colin Hello,beer!!

Hi all

went to the track night last night for the first time and I can only say that it was inspiring

Jets where amazing to see, so comfortable and quick round that track alot of talent out there

Wheelers as i dont know any names i can only say great effort and as for Colin H I think the effort that he put in last night was the most inspiring for me as i am now going to look into see if i can book Level 1

to see the yellow and blue flying around the track is a great experience

well done to all Clappers

• Committee

Excellent turnout from young and old. Richard. Lewis and Paul were prominent in the senior Bs. If Lewis was a senior I suspect he would be elevated to the A group due to utterly reliable podiums.

Colin and Iain were right in the bunch in the Ds, over a twenty lap (5000m) race there was little more than 20m separating the finishers, so the guys just need about 0.41% more to win.

Danny's sprint is awesome in the youths: Sarah, Katie and Euan looking good in the leading bunch. Jess and Adam were just off the pace of the fastest youths but they are up to three years younger than the oldest riders. Soon we'll see them at the head of the bunch!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Seems to be a fair number of Welsh riders making the break through at elite / world championship level now (i guess in large part aided by Newport velodrome opening a few years ago) hopefully some of the Jets and other Scottish youngsters at the track league will be doing the same in the future. No pressure See me? See happy?