Saturday 26th January / Sunday 27th

Iain Cowden

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was a good call to miss out this morning. I went out at 12:00. The track was really icy, so I stayed on the roads, which were fine, but did not include any back roads. Wind was picking up as I was coming home.

Hopefully it will not be too cold, but expect some more wind tomorrow. I'll plan on being at Miller St for 09:30.

• Life Members

Okey dokey,

Thanks Boyd, I'll be at the clubroom 9.15am for a run tomorrow regardless of weather (except when it's snowing or temperature drop over night to -10 degrees) which I suspect will be wet, but that's fine with me!

So, anyone thinking of coming along, please sign up or just turn up!

See you all & hope weather improves!

Ritchie, do your sun dance please! Your snow dance seem to have work so far!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Well, after 35 replies & more than 500 views on the post we eventually managed a run out this morning!

Just to recap on what Tony said before, 5 folks - Jody, Boyd, Alan Fox, Tony & myself formed what was a tidy wee bunch.

As soon as we set off the the wind was strong even in Miller Street, which kind of set the tone for the morning. Working well with everyone doing turns on the front we head through Bowfield, Lugton, Dunlop (where Boyd & Jody split from us as they were push for time), Stewarton (a slight deviation from our planned route), then Kilmurs & joining the A77 passing Fenwick & heading across the moors for Neilston before dropping back down to Johnstone.

We were lucky in that we seemed to have missed the rain but the wind was un-avoidable, we even caught glimpse of the sun!

66 miles for me but felt like more. I'm sitting down now nice & warm with my hot chocolate & waffles, it certainly feels like Belguim today!

I hope Ken Mac had a good run too as he appeared at the clubroom just as we were heading off!

Thanks again for the folks who turned up in such challenging weather & made it a much more enjoyable ride than it would be if it was a solo run.

See you all at the Reliabilities!

Cheers

Chung

Glad you folks made it out (eventually)!

More than I managed in Lancashire - blizzards, then heavy squalls yesterday - brought a clean bike home so turbo beckons today!

Great to see Tony C out and about. Will post later in the week to see interest for a Saturday run again.

Iain