Saturday 26th January / Sunday 27th

Iain Cowden

I will miss out this week as I will be travelling to Lancashire. Others are keen to keep the Saturday run going and Chung I think is happy to suggest a possible route! So, same time (9.30) same place(Miller St) same house rules!

I hope the weather is kind and you have a good run out. I'll take my bike with me and hope to do likewise!

The next week-end takes us up to the Sunday Reliability Series. Folk may understandably prefer to ride those.

Nevertheless, there may be some who a Saturday suits best, or who are happy to ride both days. Weather permitting, I will be up for a Saturday over the next few weeks so will post as usual.

Iain+

• Life Members

Alright Folks,

The weather forecast for Saturday is not great, but it should be warmer but dull. Initially, I was hoping to cross the bridge and maybe climb some hills but I think we can decide on the days depending on the out come of the weather.

The alternative can be Jonhstone - Bowfield - Lugton - Stewarton - Part Moscow circuit - A77 - Whitelee Windfarm - Eaglesham - Newton Mearns - Neilston - Home. Approx. 50ish miles I think, maybe more!

See you all at the clubroom 9.30am!

Finger crossed for better weather!

Cheers

Chung

I will keep an eye on this and hopefully manage to get out again. When the route is decided i can look for bail out options if the legs are anything like last week ;-)

Spoke to Andy Jack in work the other day and he is also a possibility for Sat morning.

Ritchie you don't start your Sat backshift till 4pm so you can make it along as well ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Jody

• Members

hi Richard, yes that was me and my sister :)

Glad to see you eventually found someone to cycle with. :-)

I think we gave you about a 20-minute head start that Saturday, while we were waiting for Iain C at Morrisons. Based on the fact we caught you before the end of the track - riding at a pretty sedate pace - you might find it a bit faster than you're used to. You should give it a go, I reckon - it's the only way you'll find out what it's like and Chung will keep the pace sensible. (The forecast looks pretty rubbish, though.)

• Life Members

Thanks for everyone that posted!

Richard, are you coming or are you working again?

Emma, don't worry about the speed, just turn up & ride in the bunch. Just remember to bring water & food (bananas & bars) even though we'll more than lightly stop for tea/coffee!

Andrew, you're right about the weather, obviously if the temperature is too bad then we'll avoid the really high hills.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Well folks, where I am in N. Mearns it's totally covered with the white stuff. It's fine in the city centre, I'm not sure what its like around your neck of the woods? Any report would be much appreciated so we can assess the riding situation for tomorrow.

As Richard indicated, tomorrow's forecast should be dry but cold which could maybe mean ice on the roads. Any idea guys/gals?

I'll check back later on tonight for any updates.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi Everyone,

Local sources told me that the area around the clubroom is not suitable for cycling both on & off the main road, and I'm not sure what the situation is like with the road condition of the propose route. Therefore, I think it's best if we call the run off since there no point in risking it in my opinion.

If folks can assess their local road conditions & I'll try to check on the route tomorrow, then I'm more than happy to do the run Sunday morning!

You got what you wished for, Ritchie!

So, I won't be at the clubroom tomorrow, for those who are still going out tomorrow morning please stay safe & take great care!

Cheers

Chung

Yeah raining here in Renfrew and just back in from walking the dog and the temp has dropped quite a bit. Got a feeling the roads will be like an ice rink in a few hours 😞. Hopefully they will be better for Sunday and we can try again then ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Jody

• Life Members

Jody,

Where I am is still covered with snow & the roads were really slippery this morning.

Lets keep an eye out & I'll post up later to confirm a run for tomorrow morning!

P.S How can I edit the post title to change the date for tomorrow?

Cheers

Chung