Winter Bog's Bunch

David Thomson

• 2023 Subscriptions

D

Probably coast, to be decided on day.

I cannot go out till later Sunday morn so plan to do this on Saturday.

George, why not join in?

Benefit is that it builds up a sizeable Saturday bunch which is handy if you cannot make Sunday.

David, Darryl - you planning to do this?

/)

• 2023 Subscriptions

8 fanatics including David T and me ploughed a furrow in the water round the coast road to W Kilbride. David was cut short with a mechanical at Inverkip. Pace was a fair clip to try and keep body temp above the critical limit. Nice single line from Inverkip to Largs and run in along admiralty circuit, but without habble as most hands were too numb to change gears!

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Weather looking ok for saturday at this stage. I plan to do bogs bunch from 10am Renfrew. If interested you can expect 70 miles about 20mph - steady except for hill at W Kilrbide where there is a regroup at top. Either no stop or short stop in Largs at toilet so bring plenty grub!

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

16 set off and by the time we got to west ferry we had to be fanatics for 2nd week in a row. Hail, heavy rain and crosswinds round to Largs. Regrouped at Largs after the run from Inverkip became the habble of the day. Alan McL and Davie B increased the JWCC contingent :)

After Largs it was dry and sunny which was a bit of a shame as everyone had pretty well emptied the tank by then.

Another 75 miles in 'gritty' conditions

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

16 set off and by the time we got to west ferry we had to be fanatics for 2nd week in a row. Hail, heavy rain and crosswinds round to Largs. Regrouped at Largs after the run from Inverkip became the habble of the day. Alan McL and Davie B increased the JWCC contingent :)

After Largs it was dry and sunny which was a bit of a shame as everyone had pretty well emptied the tank by then.

Another 75 miles in 'gritty' conditions

Ohyadancer!

• Committee

Paul.

Gritty indeed. Utterly soaked by Largs but the sun came out with tailwind for the return.

The group blew apart in the wee dig into the headwind to Largs, I could barely hold a wheel, but regrouped at the toilets. By common consent, we eased off on the way to WK and had a very civilised return run, everyone stopping to help with puncture and mechanicals.

Currently this is a very civilised bunch with minimal shouting and I would encourage others to join.It gets faster later in winter so get your training in now! The WK to Dalry section is famously undulating and remains really hard work, good practice for your Classics season!

No cafe stop, just ride steady.

I can't make Sundays for a few weeks so I am planning on doing a few of these.

Alan

PS, watch the forecast. Even in awful weather a S/SW wind is ideal for giving a little boost back home.