Winter Bog's Bunch

David Thomson

Gritty indeed ...gubbed beyond gubbed yesterday, phoning Mrs B for rescue before Largs was bad enough but even worse when I wasn't sentient enough to figure out how to unlock my phone. Certainly a bunch of gentleman (plus lady) as the bunch waited for ages at Largs though I was in no fit state to carry on.

Get yersels out there ...great fun (see above).

D

• Committee

Richard

The only hard bit was the Skelmorlie/Largs section due to headwind, when you lost a wheel then it was game over.

Then everyone agreed to calm down and we had a very smooth steady ride home with actual conversation, in sunlight Ohyadancer! :banana .

I think Davie was hypothermic, it was a pretty horrible couple of hours weatherwise. He enjoyed it really.

I have been thoroughly dropped on this run many times but current tempo is pretty manageable and highly recommended.

Largs regrouping is very civilised and ensures that you will always meet up a couple of others if you would like to head up the HB.

Alan

Anyway your track god status will ensure that you'd be way out in front Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

R

You'd love it, the habble in question was not quite the intensity of a track race - but not far off it, it comes after an hour or so in the hail ( excellent chance to warm up) and lasts a bit longer ( more fun for more time) and you still have 40 miles to go ( nothing like a good warm down with a few wee hill intervals)

And you really enjoy a beer and glass or two of vino afterwards

Am I selling it yet ?

: banana

• 2023 Subscriptions

Rowing postponed which is very sad for the rowers in the family. However it is very glad for the old codger cyclist who will now be out doing the usual habble raising, shouting and occasional sweary word with the bogs bunch :)

Expect to see Alan and maybe George and maybe some more along the road,

Ohyadancer!

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

A no-go for me this morning-very icy in my street.

I appreciate conditions on the coast wil be better but didn't fancy breaking my neck in getting there.

Turbo beckons or maybe just tea, a packet of blue ribands and an afternoon watching rubbish telly.

Chapeau to those whe went out. Feel a bit of a blouse for not doing so. :oops:

• 2023 Subscriptions

George

It was dodgy, but turned out best day this winter so far. About 12 or so out today.

Alan joined at Greenock due to icy roads.

I rode tentatively along the lochwinnoch Howwood road, quite a bit of ice at sides and slush but got to Renfrew ok.

Coast road fine as you'd expect.

Ohyadancer!

• Committee

Lovely ride after coping with the diesel and ice at the top of the Clune.

Extremely civilised pace with stopping for a couple of punctures.

The bunch goes right back into Johnstone which is very handy for picking up the track.

By 1430 the frost had already started to reappear.

Same again next week if weather allows.