Not a normal 30 miler run 4/11/12

GreigS

Hi im thinking of going over the Erskine Bridge along Dumbarton Rd with a coffe stop in Glasgow's only cycle cafe over the Squinty Bridge past S G Hospital into Renfrew and home . This is mostly an URBAN run and thats why i've posted it this way if interested please post below if not i will head out myself if its not pouring 09.30 clubrooms or duvet

Greig

• Life Members

Greig,

Are you referring to the Siempre Cafe next to Kelvinhall tube station?

Richard & I were in there a few weeks back, good coffee & stock some very nice cycling frocks!

Enjoy & have a good one!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Ah, Siempre. Wear your skintight hipster jeans on Sunday, Greig, or they won't let you in.

There's a cycle route that runs into Glasgow from Bowling. If you want to avoid the traffic and you all have good sturdy tyres on, you can pick it up underneath the Erksine bridge and ride the first section along the canal. If not, you could ride on the roads into Clydebank and join the track there.

I haven't been on it for years. It was always a bit stop-start and prone to broken glass, but the surface is good in places and it'll keep you away from all the Sunday drivers.

http://www.sustrans....OMOND 2004.pdf

Enjoy!

Hi Chung yes thats the cafe i have been in before aswell i'm glad you got a new frock to go with your coffee icon_blue_laugh what did you buy Richard ? mabythe sexy boot overshoes and what colour did you choose :icon_hee-haw welcome back Elaine see you at clubrooms and no problem John :icon_mooning The roads are no worse than cycling through Greenock on a Sunday we done this run last year and i got pelters and pm's so thats why i posted this way so no more moaning please lets just enjoy ourselves like we normally do :icon_yes

Greig

Ian this is the group for you till Your

ur fitness improves and then feel free to move onto a faster bunch we don't leave anyone behind so don't worry bout that side of it this run is pan flat aswell so no big hills to contend with either all we ask is that u bring along your sense of humour lol

Greig

Oh i think my sense of humour is intact after turning up at miller st this morning and was only me and richard ended up having a blast down to lochwinnoch and back and encountered hail rain and sunshine

and grieg glad to hear nobody gets left behind i know the route well but the would rather avoid the cycle path cos i dont think its the best section for road bikes especially from maryhill to town

I've not got my muddies sorted so I guess I'm kind of a pariah now. I could get a pair in Glasgow tomorrow, tho. Hmmm, what to do? I've got a rear mudguard on the hybrid. Would that be acceptable? Probably not.

John: if I don't make it on this one give me a buzz if you fancy a run Monday or Tuesday. I'm off work til wed.

E

Greig and the other 30 milers - thanks for the welcome at the club rooms and the company on the run this morning. As a new club member I enjoyed the run (briefly) however I clearly need to work on my fitness levels.

Boyd - thanks for the advice and I will join the group on future runs with bail out options until I get up to speed.

Once again thanks for pulling me along and hopefully won't be to long till I get up to speed.

Ian Eccles

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good urban run today. Traffic light at that time of the morning and tight compact group avoids any problems,and good to meet up with the splinter group at the cafe, which has now been claimed by the 30milers and they have a certificate to prove it thanks to Greig. :icon_hee-haw:icon_yes Dave & Carol