Mudguards

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Except on the track or in the mud :)

By track I meant velodrome (not cycle track) and by mud I meant cyclocross !!

Was just highlighting the vast range of cycle related acttivities we can all indulge in these days.

And I couldn't agree more - especially as one who cannot wear glasses - muddies all round for any road stuff

:)

• 11 months later...

What mudguards are you guys using? Over the last couple of winters I've tried recommended plastic ones that clip on but could never get them to fit perfectly. At the moment I've got metal (?) Acor ones which have metal guides. These are fine but might not be low enough down for some (Paul :) ) There also isn't a piece to go behind the seat tube so I still get spray up my leg. Cheers

• Life Members

Ritchie,

If your winter bike don't have eyelids for mudguards, then get these:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/mudguards-road-crud-roadracer-mk2-mud-guards-pair/crudmudr105

I've been using these for the last 3 years, much better than the ones you've got on in my opinion.

See you on the road mate!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

You just need to make sure your tyres are not bigger than 23mm, mine are 23mm tyres and works just fine with a bit of fettering around!

If you can operate a machine gun, I'm pretty sure you can get these to work on your bike. :-)

Chung

Mmm, good idea. Means I get to claim all the 30's!! :)

Unfortunately, a machine gun would be overkill (no trust!!) so it's merely a semi auto, single shot carbine/sub machine gun :)

You'll never take me alive, copper!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richie

Yes 25mm becomes almost impossible with crud 2's. I agree with Chung though, these are excellent for 23's especially if you add a bit of chicken tikka carry out carton to extend the front guard !

No mudguards really work with 25's on a race geometry frame.

Richie

Yes 25mm becomes almost impossible with crud 2's. I agree with Chung though, these are excellent for 23's especially if you add a bit of chicken tikka carry out carton to extend the front guard !

No mudguards really work with 25's on a race geometry frame.

There's me thinking most folk would go with wider, more robust tyres for winter.

Current tyres are 25's and my spare, new tyre I was planning to put on is a 25 so I'll have to lump,it for now