Track league starts next week

martin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hmm

It's great that the league has started, and I am keen to give it a go, but next week is a bit soon for me. I was hoping to do the accreditation first and get used to the track before entering events. Plus I need time to get fit! What are others planning on doing?

Darryl

I'm hoping to get a track bike for my Xmas but want to do accreditation before then.

Had a look on the website but didn't see anything relating to bike hire,

Cost/availability, etc.

Anyone have Info on this?

That banking looks awfy steep!

Also-I had a look at the track league entries which set me wondering

if the league events are categorised or is it a free for all?

I see our very own tuff of the track, Richard, has already entered.

I'm best suited to being the derny pilot.

• 2023 Subscriptions
I'm hoping to get a track bike for my Xmas but want to do accreditation before then.

Cost/availability, etc.

[Great offers on PlanetX carbon track bikes just now - tell Santa to go to Rotheram!]

If you're accredited at e.g. Manchester then you're good to go. Otherwise accreditation is a 6 hour process, cost £500 for a club group of up to 15 riders. inclusive of bike rental. Don't know what the hourly rate will be for bike rental after that. They have a whole fleet of Dolan Precursa bikes (and 650c Dolan Cadets for smaller riders). Equipped with Keo pedals or can be adapted to flats for toe clips and straps.

• 2023 Subscriptions
Also-I had a look at the track league entries which set me wondering

if the league events are categorised or is it a free for all?

I see our very own tuff of the track, Richard, has already entered.

I'm best suited to being the derny pilot.

Think there's to be 3 groups: 1st and 2nd cat, 3rd and 4th and 3rd/4th/youth A and B.

Young Danny Mulhooligan also on the start line. Bigger brother will follow as soon as medical restrictions are lifted.

• 2023 Subscriptions
Martin,

Any clues as to who to contact re taking pics?

at Manchester they make you fill out a form and I take it something similar will be in place at Glasgow?

Colin Hello, beer !!

Hi Col,

I'll send you an email address to try

• 2023 Subscriptions
Looking at the steepness of the banking, the next question is - Do you get a nasty burn when you fall off??? ;-P

err... can do, yes. Not that I've tried, you understand! Just a keen spectator from multiple trips to Mancs etc with the youngsters.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Cost/availability, etc.

[Great offers on PlanetX carbon track bikes just now - tell Santa to go to Rotheram!]

If you're accredited at e.g. Manchester then you're good to go. Otherwise accreditation is a 6 hour process, cost £500 for a club group of up to 15 riders. inclusive of bike rental. Don't know what the hourly rate will be for bike rental after that. They have a whole fleet of Dolan Precursa bikes (and 650c Dolan Cadets for smaller riders). Equipped with Keo pedals or can be adapted to flats for toe clips and straps.

I'm keen to get the accreditation process started. There was a call for interest on the other thread which attracted over 15 riders, so we will have to have at least two groups. I'm away this weekend (funnily enough I'm heading to Rotherham and will be paying a certain bike shop a visit) but would like to move on this next week if possible. I guess a first step would be to get the two groups sorted and then book!

Darryl

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cost/availability, etc.

I'm keen to get the accreditation process started. There was a call for interest on the other thread which attracted over 15 riders, so we will have to have at least two groups. I'm away this weekend (funnily enough I'm heading to Rotherham and will be paying a certain bike shop a visit) but would like to move on this next week if possible. I guess a first step would be to get the two groups sorted and then book!

Darryl

As far as I know bookings for accreditation aren't open yet...

• 2023 Subscriptions
Just getting a bit carried away what with the league starting next week :roll:

I know, it is a bit out of kilter.

We met them on Friday to talk about WoSCA youth training sessions and so got some insight then. Ideally Glasgow would like everyone training regularly and racing in the league to have accreditation, but they know that's going to take time to achieve. So they're happy to kick off the league just now and let accreditation catch up over the next few months.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions
Can anyone tell me why its starting so early 6pm means i wont make it on time :-(

Greig Hello, beer !!

Shuts at 10. Guess they think they need 4 hours?

I'm wondering how it will be programmed - youths and seniors all in the same session.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks for the info Martin. I intend to get accredited first and start training, with a view to entering the track league. Presumably people will be able to enter the league after next week. Or is it a case of signing up for the whole season next week?

Just wondering...

• 2023 Subscriptions
Presumably people will be able to enter the league after next week. Or is it a case of signing up for the whole season next week?

Just wondering...

I'm guessing you can join in later. The entry I put in for Danny was only for 1 session, not the series.

• 2024 Subscriptions
Presumably people will be able to enter the league after next week. Or is it a case of signing up for the whole season next week?

Just wondering...

I'm guessing you can join in later. The entry I put in for Danny was only for 1 session, not the series.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me why its starting so early 6pm means i wont make it on time :-(

Greig Hello, beer !!

Remember it is right beside Sellick Park. Any later and you will be caught up in traffic when they are playing on a Wed night. Coming home could be problematic too as the traffic won't have cleared.

Quicker to go by bike!