CX Paisley 28/10/12

Jannza

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Don't you just love this country and the world of cycling......one day your in a hot dry velodrome struggling with the heat and the next day your out in a freezing wet, very wet by the looks of it, muddy field struggling to change gears and pull brakes !!

Bring it on

:);)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Iain - I know you are a kindred spirit in search of extreme events, well the cyclo cross today in 7c, icy rain, intermittently heavy then heavier, and gusting wind proved a bit of an extreme event for me.

I have no idea where I finished except that it was a couple of places behind the late charge from Alan McLean who had an impressive and strong finish.

I didn't really realise it at the finish but I had hit the wall big time, judging by the amount of time it took to stop shivering when I got home and the fact that no matter how much food I ate I was still craving more! Think I need to beef up for the winter.

Anyone that did that today deserves a round of applause so well done also to josh, mike and James who also ploughed through the mud.

Still better than turbo :)

• Committee

Stoooopid! NIce one Paul

Big turnout from the Wheelers and Jets in truly awful (ie great) weather on the exposed Cote de Gleniffer.

Leaving Paisley, as my wipers struggled to clear the screen, I could just make out a hero in JWCC colours cycling up the hill to the event. Yes, once again, Mike was doing the whole shebang old style.

The heavens opened for the main (vets) event. A really long course over moor and mud only allowed us three or four laps each.

Paul stayed a hundred yards ahead for most of the race and we then swapped positions a couple of times before I got past and only finished five secs ahead.

James was looking good on his Kona and Josh McLauglin was mixing it up in the juniors.

Well done to Hamish McLaren who was first in the under 12s Ohyadancer! :banana and also to his sister Kate who flew the Jets flag in the youth A.

A new record for washing bike gear; five rinses before I could even bring in my jersey from the garage.

Drome on Thursday for me.

We need some more JWCC crossers, check out the SCX website. MTBs are fine.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

i did think of you as we were geting soaked on the road,we had it real hard, the bacon roles at the bb were not up to usual high standard,and you think you had it hard!!.The shakes are terrable so i do sympathise hugely, its nice to know we have proper hard men in the club. top marks.

iain

• Committee

12th overall but looks like I was tenth vet so I may get my traditional annual racing point after all, assuming this was BC recognised. Treble bananas all round!! Ohyadancer! :banana Ohyadancer!

This is the best time of year to get a few points, no danger of joining you proper racers at Cat 3 and above!