Jim Daly

alison millbourn

Jim often crosses my mind. I smile when he does, not least because of his total commitment. He gave it everything, regardless of anything.

His rotten luck when we went to Belgium (which would have really ripped my knitting out) phased him not a jot, he just ploughed on in something like a 39-11, over those hellish cobbles then his chainring bolts started to fall off, he was still smiling!!

I recall the night we spent in his flat planning our trip too, him waxing lyrical about the empty framed picture on his wall. :grin:

He was always good for a bit of friendly advice as well.

One of the good guy's.

• Members

All true, Kenny. Everyone's got a story about Jim.

It was lovely to see his blue and yellow Colnago back in the bunch last Thursday with Phil on board. Impossible to look at that bike without thinking of Jim. I remember talking to him about buying bikes and how there was almost too much to choose from. He told me how he went into Dooley's one night after work and refused to leave until he'd bought a frame! (I reckon it was that Colnago. He was on it at the time!)

Missed by many. No doubt about it.

• Administrators

I have 2 things that always make me smile when I think of Jim (prob many more)

1. Sitting outside a cafe in Belgium waiting for the others to finish, with a Leffe Brown or two and the photo I took as we said cheers.

2. Going up the hill from West Kilbride and he came back to look for me. When we got to the top he told me to keep going. Rest of bunch were eating, drinking etc and we went straight past. I sat on his wheel doing 27mph all the way to Dalry happy as Larry. This was his way of talking my mind off a struggle over the hills.

• 2024 Subscriptions
Jim often crosses my mind. I smile when he does, not least because of his total commitment. He gave it everything, regardless of anything.

His rotten luck when we went to Belgium (which would have really ripped my knitting out) phased him not a jot, he just ploughed on in something like a 39-11, over those hellish cobbles then his chainring bolts started to fall off, he was still smiling!!

I recall the night we spent in his flat planning our trip too, him waxing lyrical about the empty framed picture on his wall. :grin:

He was always good for a bit of friendly advice as well.

One of the good guy's.

+1