Italian invaders! Travel Insurance - Bike cover?

gregbalden

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi,

I have a question for all the people going to Italy in 1 weeks time,

I just got my travel insurance sorted, also got my Pre-existing medical condition covered too ( for obvious reasons) but, and its a worry, my bike is not covered in transit?

What have others done in this situation? Are bikes typically covered? or do you not bother and wrap it well? or it not possible to get the bike covered? Has everyone else got there bike covered?

All help appreciated!

Greg

Greg, I'm assuming a combination of travel insurance and having the bike on my house policy of which my travel insurance forms part will cover me. I am going to confirm this however and if need be give the man a few additional shillings. Wouldn't leave it to chance.

M

• Members

Greg, I took out insurance with Snowcard. Unless I've misunderstood the small print (entirely possible) my bike is insured for its full value, in transit and when we're in Italy, under the policy term "activity equipment". The only time it's not insured is when I'm riding. At 40-odd quid, cover wasn't cheap but I think it's preferable to forking out later if something goes wrong.

Guest EPCC

Most general insurances ing cover up to a small amount 300 seems to be the norm I have cover whilst in my possession but not in the hold so for a claim it would have to be crash damage

• 2023 Subscriptions

Greg

If you are still concerned about packing up your bike then I plan to pack mine about 5pm Sunday. You, or anyone else who has not packed before welcome to join me if you want any hints. I do not guarantee that your bike will be fine -I can only show you what I do and in over 30 flights with bike bags over the years the worst I had was a slight buckle to front wheel.

Let me know if you want to join me in case I have any lat minute change of plan!

PMcD

• Committee
Open Question

Do you unscrew your rear mech when packing

Pal's reply +1.

Get it off! Only takes 10 seconds and you can dangle it between rear dropouts in socks or bubble wrap as recommended by Paul.

It is worth buying a roll of masking tape for two quid to tape up everything without marking your frame.If you use duct tape you will be peeling off sticky debris for years.

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Might need a strict dress code for Italy,

When to wear Nove Colli cycling top

When to wear JWCC cycling top

When to wear Ronde T shirts

As we are representing the club in a mass event we need strict discipline, for example if we say 6.30am depart we don't mean 6 bleepin 35am - did someone really say that in Belgium

:grin:

Might need a strict dress code for Italy,

When to wear Nove Colli cycling top

When to wear JWCC cycling top

When to wear Ronde T shirts

As we are representing the club in a mass event we need strict discipline, for example if we say 6.30am depart we don't mean 6 bleepin 35am - did someone really say that in Belgium

:grin:

As the first club ride en masse will be Friday, I think that should be the unveiling of our Nove Colli top.

Full Joansin attire obviously for Sunday.

I hope the early start will be the actual event only? I imagined it would be 'downstairs at 10am' :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good man McG old boy, indeed its true, under no circumstance would it be acceptable to have a repeat of the Belgian fiasco whereby members of the platoon were recorded minutes late for the rendevous time and place. Quite shocking. Any repeat will result in summary execution (with a rubber hammer to the thigh and calf) without court martial.

:uzi

• 2023 Subscriptions

Next you will have us chanting......

This is my bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My bike is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My bike, without me, is useless. Without my bike, I am useless. I must ride my bike fast. I must ride my bike faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Private Balden

My bike is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My bike, without me, is useless. Without my bike, I am useless. I must ride my bike fast. I must ride my bike faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Private Balden

You mean you don't?? :-?:shock:

• 2024 Subscriptions

Private Balden

You mean you don't?? :-?:shock:

Assembly for the JWCC mantra at 0800hrs (CET). Any lateness will result in double spells :rockets

As you were troops

Hello, beer !!