Jack Murray

David Thomson

Paul, Davie 1&2

What thots on cars for Saturday. I have a mad day tomorrow (Fri) and my bike is in the bike shop getting its headset tightened. If I can I will pick it up tomorrow at some point, if not early doors Saturday morning. What time do you intend setting out on Saturday morning etc. Start at 1pm I'd imagine you'd want to be there at noon at the latest. I don't have a rack/carrier but could take one other if you don't mind your bike going in the back of the car.

PM me or try my work's mobile 07769690825

Cheers

Mark

• 2023 Subscriptions

Mark

My suggestion is you and Davie B in one car, me and Davie T in a second car. Based on our locations, and even though I owe Davie B a lift - however Davie T owes me a lift, confused yet ?!

Davie T and I will leave about 10.50am from Kilbarchan - arriving on or just after noon.

Oh ya dancer !

Mark,

Rubbish at ETA's - will probably arrive about 11:00 if left to my own devices.

As far as I'm concerned it's a toss-up whose car we take though you may need a blind fold and nose peg if you enter the Almera fun ride - feel the power :shock:

Let me know either Friday night or Sat morning as I will be up with the birds, quite literally!

D

Davie,

I'll drive on Saturday, may as well wear out the company's tyres! Say around 10 Bells on Sat morning, give us some additional time for traffic hold ups and getting lost. Rather be early and organised than late and adopting headless chicken approach when I get there. OCD gene will be working overtime. If I don't pick the bike up tomorrow we may detour thru Paisley therefore 9.45 possible. Will let you know. Night out entertaining clients is not the best prep for first race of year but needs must.

Paul, remember the M8 is a car park at the airport, can't remember if forth bridge in down to one lane, i think there were emergency works going on - best check. Probably be ok on Sat morning but best leave yourself 20 mins.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good Day for racing. Just enough chill in the air but nice and sunny.

Pace was good from the start but my legs were feeling a little stiff so sat at the back, they got better so I rode to near the front and instantly couldn't resist attacking. Got caught though. Attacked again and got caught again then got dropped. Lay in the sun at the finish and watched the rest of the boys suffer.

Note to self: Next time I attack don't get caught ;-)

David

A day of learning lessons for me

- warm up properly

- get to front or at least near the front in neutral zone

- get fitter

- get faster

- find extra 2mph onto average and sustain it for longer

- don't get isolated so soon it's hard work physically and mentally on your own

- lots more!!!!!!!!

Not a brilliant day in the saddle, have felt and ridden better, just one of those days. Race was over for me before it was really begun I think. Became a personal 50 TT as I rode most of it on my own. Probably last over the line of those who actually finished. Would have been easy to climb off but didn't see the point of not completing the course.

On the positive side, aside from staying the distance, I now have a benchmark and a target to work towards and plenty to learn and work on. Definitely need some Thursday nights to get used to the intensity of riding again, particularly as a newbie to racing. Anyone reading this please don't be put off I had fun after a fashion and glad I took part. I'm never going to give the guys at the front of the bunch sleepless night but I'm determined to improve my performances over the season.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was a 10 lapper x 5 miles today. Race follwed a normal pattern of frantic first couple of laps until a break formed with reps from the stronger teams. Then race kind of nuetralised for 5 laps with occasional forays by bodies trying to get over to break (including the bold David). Then pace yanked up for last 3 laps. Remainder of bunch almost caught break then split in two with a bigger break forming with 2 laps to go. I finished mid second group I think the first group split a bit on run in. Progress in early season races seems to take longer each year you get older ! but you still get the buzz

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done guys

Good to have club members racing

Mark you r being a tad hard on yourself. These are tough races right from the off and I have been that tail end Charlie . With a bit more race specific training you will soon find yourself near the front. The season is still young.

Aye good day and as said before fun.

Sat in OK at the start before losing a wheel on the climb at the end of the 3rd lap, felt very comfortable for the 1st first few laps so may be making some progress - did a couple of laps solo before hooking up with 3 or 4 riders who came up from behind and varied between taking spells and hinging on for grim death for the duration. Bit disappointed to get dropped off our wee group, which ended up all over the road, at the end of the last lap, mainly because the stronger groups including Paul and David lapped us which led to some habbling.

No idea where I finished but no' last :icon_yes and neither I bet was Mark!

D

Being realistic Charlie and well aware that I'm rusty when it comes to riding at the intensity needed to stay with the bunch early doors. Something to be worked on on a Thursday night. I find I ride stronger once I get going but doing so much on my own and even in a small group still having to work pretty much in tt mode I was done in in the last lap or so.

Not to worry though, onwards and upwards.....and nae excuses either.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good effort guys.

Hang in there. I got shelled out of most of my first few RRs, but persevered and got stronger and marginally smarter (well, maybe! :-? ). It really is a blast once you can mix it! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Mark - I will give you as hard a time as I can on Thursday nights, as some training! :grin: Although have just got back from my cousin's stag and am currently having trouble walking to the kitchen for a glass of water! :oops:The bloke's not well...

R