Date for Fred Route April

Guest EPCC

Guys

As we are trying to fill in the April run list we could do with a date for this as usual majority rules so May is a no go Drumlanrig 5th 13 Tapering for Italy

That leaves a date before the end of April i would like to suggest at least 2 weeks before Drumlanrig as this can be fairly fast in bits and you will need your legs for 106 miles

So post availability below

• 2023 Subscriptions

On a related theme I am also really up for a bonus Arran challenge - 2 circuits of island between 2 ferries :grin: Will require some serious preparation, pre planning to have lots of food on board, maybe one planned liquid refill stop, a single minded approach to maximising efficiency - ie 6 hours of single pace line with minimal chat and a team effort to deal with any punctures. Can be done - just need to average 20MPH for 5h 45 m :shock:

oh - and some of those wonderful canisters that blast your tyre back to 100psi in about 1.7 secs - as per Billy McD's one when I punctured today

whos up for it early May?

Oh ya dancer !

Gentlemen,

Waaaayyyyyy too many suggestions, which are all very good, being banded about without a real coherent approach. It will envitably end in tears. Might I suggest an hour's pow wow this week or next with planner/calendar to hand and put a little structure into what is being suggested. My view is that we should be fixing in the diary the definite events - Jim Daly Memorial race, Drumlanrig, and the Freddie (on whatever date is decided) then start filling in the gaps from the first weekend in March with progressively hillier and long routes. There are plenty of suggestions on the board so far just no order to them (sorry OCD gene twitching). Once decided these can be foisted upon, ahem sorry, post up as the main bunch runs for March, April and into May. I have no objections to doing this over a small ale if it would help. Thoughts are welcome while I go iron my socks, colour match and cross check them with my unmentionables.

M

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well one possibility is next Saturday night before the dancing starts.

I already have the Drumlanrig and JD memorial in my diary. As for the Fred, it seems there are only a few possibles:1st; 8th (which I can't make); 15th (which Charles cannot do); 21st is out due to JD memorial; 28/9th ruled out by Billy as too close to Drumlanrig (I would probably not be able to get two weekends in a row away).

So there it is. As soon as we decide on the date for the Fred trip, we can book the hostel for the Saturday night. Sooner is good as it will fill quickly.

D

A sterling suggestion by that Mark chappy.

A pow wow down the pub to agree on dates for these rides. Hello, beer !!

Of course this could be problematic in itself e.g. the aborted

attempt at a curry night. :-?

As for the Fred ride, I can't make April 1st as is the mother in-law's 80th birthday. Of course she is getting on a bit so that

date could free up between now and then ;-)