Ben Peacock.

Agent Orange.

Hi Folks,

First of all i would like to express my sincere thanks to everybody in jwcc who made me feel very welcome right from the start of me joining the club last october. So many people in jwcc and the cycling community have gone out of their way to help me that i have found my introduction to competitive cycling quite humbling, which contradicts all the negative opinions i have heard about the sport. I have never doubted that i made the right choice when picking a club to join.

I have received great advice and encouragement from many people and i feel it is the courteous thing to do to keep you abreast of my plans for the coming 2012 season.

My goals for next year are clear. I want to improve my TT performances significantly and compete in some races down south and see what all the fuss is about with their fast 'drag strips'.

I want to transfer my TT skills to the velodrome and compete as much as i can starting with the friday night winter track league. I loved what taste of track racing i had in Manchester at the national champs this year and crave more!

I also want to learn to Wheelie 8-)

Taking all that into consideration, i feel the best move for me at this point is to join Paisley Velo Racing Team. A brand new cycling club with big ambitions that will hopefully drive me to meet my own. However, i do not wish to leave jwcc and i intend to maintain my membership (dual club membership is accepted by BC) and continue to be an active member of the club out riding with the fast bunch and competing in the summer confined events which i really enjoy and is excellent training.

My switch to pvrt simply means that when i compete in open events that i wear a different skinsuit. Call me naive, but It is not my intention to ruffle feathers or put anyone's nose out of place. So if me being a member of jwcc but riding for pvrt is a problem, then i would hope that someone will tell me as i respect the club and your opinions.

I am really looking forward to the coming season but there is a whole winter sea of lactic to swim through before heading to the westferry once again.

Best of luck to you all in your winter training. Dig in',.......... and leave the chocolate alone at crimbo.

Best regards, Ben Peacock.

Ben good luck with the new team riding in the same colours as you for a while was a pleasure but it was even better reading about all your success and setting new course records and im sure this will continue in your new club and no doubt we will all hear how your getting on

Elaine & Greig Hello, beer !!

A man's got to do what a man's got to do, Ben. If it helps you reach your potential and chase/live the dream then go for it. Good luck to you sir. I'm sure everyone in the JWCC wishes you all the best for the future. I'll watch out for you in anticipation of that momentary pull as you coast past on the west ferry.

Don't ever retire the butchers bike!!

Mark