Main Bunch November 6th Run

Guest EPCC

• Committee
Never mind Richard it could be worse mullhobit could be out

Alert. The mulmobile is at the garage door, waiting for the man tomorrow.

Expect extreme Belgian based conversation. He's off to Ghent soon for the six day and may be unbearable. health and safety advice is max 5 minutes each.

Alan

I think you might pass the intermediate group as you approach Largs - we'll be heading south for West Kilbride.

Richard - if you don't fancy the coastal route and would like come company you could turn and come back with us. (It might mean retracing a few miles of your outward route).

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry for the no show....I tried to arrive, got to brookfield where my free hub had a hissy fit and decided that it wasn't to be! Spinning in both directions? So then Alan and Duncan cycled past, informed them and they carried on. Then once my old man arrived for the lift home, I tried to show the problem where MIRACULOUSLY it started to work!!! So at this point I gave in and my wheels will be hitting the bike shop soon!

Was looking forward to a foggy run out this morning! Hope the rest was a success, See you next week!

Greg

• Members

Sorry you never made it, Greg. You missed a good one. I couldn't say exactly how many people were in that bunch but it was just right size-wise - no' too big, no' too small - with everyone taking a turn at the front. The sun came out at Gourock as well, which made for a nice ride home. Maybe I'll rethink my opinion of the coast road. Even the Westferry has its merits if the circumstances are right!

I think about 14 were out in the bunch today with a nice route and pace about 70 miles in nice weather after the mist burnt offReally enjoyed the ride and as Richard said just about the right number not too many turns on the front

Note change of run next week Moscow neilston braes

• Committee

Greg

Your spinning cassette was almost certainly due to freehub pawls sticking in cold grease. Then they released when the temperature rose a little.

We were covered in hoar by the time we reached the clubrooms so it was freezing alright.

About one mile after we left you Duncan pointed out that you have a natural supply of hot water that you could have "poured" over the cassette to try to warm it a little.

Worth doing next time. You might want to take the freehub off if poss. and clear out any crud. Just lube with light oil. Should stop it happening again.

Alan

• Members
About one mile after we left you Duncan pointed out that you have a natural supply of hot water that you could have "poured" over the cassette to try to warm it a little.

And to think I had your frame pump in my ungloved hands today, Alan. I hope you've not been "pouring" recently.

• Members
I think you might pass the intermediate group as you approach Largs - we'll be heading south for West Kilbride.

Richard - if you don't fancy the coastal route and would like come company you could turn and come back with us. (It might mean retracing a few miles of your outward route).

Thanks for the offer, Tony. I had half a mind to take you up on it, but Bagel Basket fever had taken over by the time you passed us. I wouldn't have turned round for man nor beast!