Main Bunch Runs 30th Oct and November

Mark O

• 2023 Subscriptions

Having considered weighty matters such as time, I suggest all correspondence should be allied to GMT.

Thus the ride tomorrow should be 09:33GMT at Georgetown.

Had the ride been today, it would have been 08:33GMT, probably :lol:

Although the history of cycling would tend towards Central European Time, that may prove a complication too far Hello, beer !!

Hope that is helpful, adieu!

Duncan

Glad I'm not the only one with sore thighs Billy.

Cramp kicked in over the bridge, but after telling Richard to crack on as I was going to cruise home, I managed to catch back up at the Georgetown. Was sitting in the shelter till the twisty bits when Greg decided it was time for a spell. Proved to be one too many for me unfortunately.

Limped home and crashed on the sofa for about half an hour.

Sore thighs are good for you at this time of year no?????

Colin Hello, beer !!

Good run today Guys. Thighs are feeling fine with 75 on the clock. An interesting last 10 into a block headwind which ruined my average speed. Blew up spectacularly at Lochwinnoch after what felt like a 6 mile Sinclair Street. Luckily it was me that blew up and not a tyre Mr 5 flats MacD. Would have been much wailing and nashing of teeth. Limped the last 4 home barely in double digits.

Simply didn't eat enough and the needle on the juice tank was waaaayyyy past the red bit. Today's soup was lovely but doesn't beat a scone and jam and a lump of cake!!

More of the same next week

M

Deflating. Was wondering if billy would make it home without a 6th puncture. Must be some sort of club record! Was worried that someone clocked me throwing down those tacks but think I got away with it....

Now we're heading into the winter, how will the main bunch runs differ?

I've been going out on the intermediate runs which have been fine.

Good miles at a pace I'm happy with.

While the intermediate bunch might not as many miles in, while I'll be trying to up my miles for Italy, will the main bunch pace come down now/soon so that I could tag along for the extra miles?

Cheers

Richie

Winter runs just now are base easy pace runs focusing on endurance you will find the pace fine

I would expect the pace to start to increase latter on and generally over the last 10 miles or so but that's a while away yet you will find the pace fine and the gradual speed increase as your fitness increase more than manageable