LEJOG or JOGLE

Hi,

Noticed from my earlier JOGLE post that there is a bit of interest for an end to end from a few others. Who else is interested? What direction? When, and how?

Obviously despite my collar bone trouble i'm up for anytime, maybe late summer this year or would those interested rather leave it to 2012?

I was doing it as part of a mass participation event, which although expensive did mean all aspects except the actual pedalling where taken care of.

Been looking online for mass events and only one's i've found so far are taking a bit too many days to complete.

I'll start off possibilities with: Fri 26th Aug travel to JOG, Sat 27th-Sat 2nd Sept, 8 rides of 110-120 miles, Sun 3rd travel home from LE, 5 days off work. This plan would work best if we could maybe involve a support car,minibus and riders/drivers who could maybe ride half days or alternative days.

What thoughts anybody else?

James

What about doing it as a fundraiser for Charlie's charity building on this years efforts in Flanders. Got to qualify as an endurance event Charlie.

LEJOG surely - tailwind al the way and saving the best for last.

Sounds like a good enough idea, what do you think Charlie?

Could we get enough riders and support drivers/riders to maybe do it with a minibus? Thinking if we had 6-8 doing whole thing and 2-3 part riding, part support we could hire 16 seat minibus and still be able to fit in bikes and bags?

Possibly mid-late June, or Aug-early Sept 2012?

Dont even think about JOGLE.

I once met two guys at Gretna who were jogling while I was lejoging and there was no comparison on the experience. Think about the fact that you always notice when it's a Northerly or North Easterly wind. Prevailing wind is generally South Westerly so try going North East starting from the South West.

Also stay off the boring A30 and A6 bits as you will only do it once. I went across the Severn on the Bridge then via Anglesey.

Regards

SS

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys,

In 2008, I did it south to north and had 6 of 8 days with a headwind :angryfire , so it is really just luck of the draw, although the prevailing wind is of course from SW. Was lovely and sunny most of the time though! :lol:

We also went for the slightly more scenic/hilly route through middle England. See my post from late 2008/early 2009 under "General".

Worth doing, so have fun.

R