Sunday 17th

charlie p

Charlie,

I am happy enough to act as tour guide if your foray demands access to the deepest parts of deepest, darkest North Ayrshire but others may have other ideas as the roads will invariably be rough and not to everybodys taste or particularly suited to big groups of mixed abilities - can decide on the day.

The Trossachs Ton actually sounds like a cracking run but I would prefer to stay reasonably local and keep some bail out options open for myself as last night I felt as if I had the lung capacity of a pygmy hamster due to extended recovery(?) from Flanders Flu aka Subtitlers Syndrome :-P

D

Liked Phil's idea of run into Ayrshire. Never heard of Transmitter Hill run, any clues going Daryl? Regardless, weather looks fair for Sunday and 60/70 miles would be good. So I'm in. DavieB if you're going on Sunday ping me a txt we can meet on track at usual place Sunday morning 8.30 ish.

Cheers

M

• Members
] ..Last night I felt as if I had the lung capacity of a pygmy hamster due to extended recovery(?) from Flanders Flu aka Subtitlers Syndrome :-P

D

Sorry, Davie. :oops: If it's any consolation, I made it through yesterday without coughing once - my first mucus-free day in about four weeks. Hopefully you won't be far behind me on the road to recovery.

• 2024 Subscriptions

The run is basically to ride to Galston via Fenwick and Moscow. Through Galston and left turn to head towards the hill. After that, a few twists and turns and then another big hill by the cemetery, and then back onto the main road to Moscow, and hame.

D

Sounds like a good ride, hope the weather is as good as last Sunday. I'm not a definate, will see how my legs feel after a 10m TT at Westferry and a shift at work on Saturday .

No stress about the bottle Phil. I keep finding them on roadsides and bringing em' home to clean so got a cupboard full. Bit of a pikey that way.

Hope to make it Sunday. Nos Vemos.

Guest Jim Daly

I plan to join you.

Would prefer a figure of 8 round the loop, though, unless you all are very keen to practice descending the Transmitter against the usual race direction.

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

great run today. Took the moscow reliability route but instead of doing the moscow loop we went on a Gunson magical mystery tour through galston then up the transmitter hill. After a few more hills we returned to Moscow then home. The galston part was fantastic. we even passed a classic tractor rally. Promised the guys a coffee at Stewarton but when daryl told me i was on the bell i phoned ahead and told them to shut. felt a lot more than 60 miles. does any one know the distance

cheers

Garnocksider splinter groupette clocked aroung 75+ miles by then time we reached home. Smashing run with some good climbs, testing enough to break the butcher boy's chain. Ditto on the legs, mine are pretty tired, more so than last week.

Another fine day out!

Cheers Mark