Dumfries 1st May

P McDonald

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Just to mention I am heading to this race at Dumfries tomorrow, leaving Lochwinnoch 8am going via Glasgow in case anyone wants to take a chance of getting a start as a reserve. There are 60 riders listed.

On the plus side - lovely roads to cycle on if you don't get a start, on the down side a long way to go to not get a race!

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks chaps

Managed to get 3rd in bunch gallop - minor road, poor surface, about 25/30 left after 85 hot and windy km's. The rolling circuit proved quite selective so once over the last climb I got zoned in for a bunch sprint.

3 or 4 breaks went through the race but too windy for them to survive. With a wind that strong it would have needed at least 6 to survive, I placed my bets on a group finish and didn't even attempt to go with any breaks. So it ended up in group finish - happy days :lol:

BTW - I think Ramsay was amongst the places at Falkirk on Monday judging by a photo I just saw - sure we'll get to know soon

Oh ya dancer !