Dalmally (POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Kenny Christie

A long run north of 140 miles. I am posting to garner any interest in this over the coming weeks, date is flexible to accommodate as many people as possible.

I realise its not everyone's cup of tea but there would be a stop for lunch at Inverary and pace would be steady.

Route is up the lochside with a very early start to avoid the morning traffic, Crianlarich, Tyndrum, Dalmally, lunch at Inverary over the rest and home. Its not a particularly hilly run, save for the rest and the climb to Tyndrum

Any takers.

dalmally_map_1.jpg

• Members

Aha! I was not expecting the route for this run to to go north. I thought Dalmally was somewhere in darkest Ayrshire. :oops:

I'm game if the date fits, but I think I'd prefer to wait a bit before we take this on - maybe sometime after the Etape Caledonia? Not got many Sundays off between now and then. Happy to go with the flow, though.

Kenny, pencil me in as a distinct possibility. Chalked up a ton today on quite a hilly run and felt quite good by the time I got home Oh ya dancer ! , just don't invite Ben he'll murder everyone on the climbs as he did today!! Would be a good target for me to aim at. So yeah I'm interested.

Cheers

Mark

Guys,

June suits me better than July - schools on holiday than and I will be expected to see to family duties/hols. Only date in June already taken is Sat 11th - Arran run with Edinburgh bunch lined up for then. Other than that will go with majority/best weather.

Cheers

Mark

• Committee

Kenny

A bit off topic but could you possibly make your Dirk Hofman signature into a real link?

Some nice DH handmade signs at Paris-Roubaix reminded me to ask you about this. Just trying to keep it real.

May meet you at for the ride.

Regards to Dirk when you next meet him. He could be at Georgetown tonight.

A

There'll be an ice cream shop in Inverary won't there?

I'm game if you'll have me along. This rides got 'Butchers Bike' written all over it. Bell, panniers, pipe and slippers.

Ain't never snapped a chain on that Bad Boy, I tell ya Mark!

Ps: Sorry to digress again Kenny but, ..... Who is Dirk Hoffman? Did he make BMX frames?

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I regret that I have bitten of more than I can chew this coming weekend. I plan to take part in a x race on the Friday and a 10 on the Sunday.

The weather for Saturday doesn't look to favourable either. To that end I have decided to postpone the mammoth Dalmally expedition until summer, ha!