19th December 9.00am

chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

Anyone thinking of venturing out this Sunday?

How about a trip round to Moscow via Howood? (Reliability Run no. 2?) or other suggestion welcome!

If the weather turn for the worse with snow and all, would Tony or Kenny C suggest one of there MTB route, quite fancy giving that a go.

Cheers

Chung

How about this for a plan

Morrisons 0900 BOW Kilmacolm Port Greenock Gourock Largs Coffe roll in bacon/cake back to the port chase Charlie up the hill and retrace our steps to johstone.

I know its a boring route but the forecast is for a bit of frost on sat night and these roads are less likely to be coverd in ice..

Mind you if the weather changes we can change the route to Chungs Ayrshire trip. ;-)

• Life Members

To all thinking of going out tomorrow,

What's the road conditions around Johnstone area like?

Here in Mearns, there is slight covering of snow on the estate roads, the main roads looks ok to ride on.

Just wondered what it would be like tomorrow? If snow turns heavier, do we have a contingency plan for a MTB outing?

Need to dust down & set up the MTB bike if so.

Billy or Tony (Kenny C, are you cross racing tomorrow?), do you have a MTB route you know of that we can do?

Any suggestion anyone? Not bother what we do or where we go, as long as I get out. It's driving me a bit crazy not being able to go out for the past 3 Sundays. I'm happy to do any thing.

Cheers

Chung

Chung

Weather forecast for sunday is dry cold and bright could still get out on Sunday on the road, so far the snow has stopped and as long as there is limited falls the coast road should be ok for a steady pace

• Life Members

Hi Billy,

I'm not sure about going on the road, can I confirm with you later on tonight. I can maybe bring road and mtb with me tomorrow.

Paul, if we go on the road will you be coming?

Anyone else coming out?

Billy, what's your mobile number?

Cheers

Chung

Martin

Depending on the weather me Chung charlie are planning on the road. However the met office have changed the forecast from bright and cold to heavy snow so i think we may be lucky with the road flip side if it snows might go out on the mtb.

There are about 4 already turboing at 1000

Mtb option could be above Lochwinnoch, 2 routes 1st from Muirsheild centre in the hills (old mine workings, retrace, then shooting path) not to technical perhaps and mostly dry just now but no bail outs that I can remember except at the end of the retrace form the mine. The other is up past Lochwinnoch cemetry to Muirfauldhouse farm and out over the hills to Misty Law then back in via the Maich water and Ladyland farm, down to the track then into Lochwinnoch. This one will be quite technical and possibly very wet with no bail outs.

See google earth for both these trails, they should be quite easy to find and follow on the aerial photos if your familiar with the area.

I've been told that there are rideable paths in the woods at Barnbrook on the Kilmalcolm to Lochwinnoch road, but looking at a map unless they go into the woodland there not very long.

Tony C. posted a route above Johnstone a couple of weeks ago (Sun 6th), and knowing him it should be intresting--

Miller St to Auchenlodment Rd

Brandyburn path up to Gleniffer Braes

singletrack to Robertson Park, then onto Tannahill Walkway

Glen Park

landrover track up to Brownside Braes

left then right, past reservoir back to Tannahill Walkway

Robertson Park

left on the B-road, minor rd to Mid Hartfield, then onto cross-country path

downhill to Howwood

cycle-track back to Miller St

Plenty of bailouts on this and not too technical should be prety dry as well

Have a look at them and post any comments. :rockets