Cyclo-Cross Coaching Session

KennyS

We've had a few enquiries relating to some cyclocross coaching for the senior members of the club.

There is no Jets session on Saturday 16th October therefore who fancies a bit of coaching and brushing up of technique at Linwood Sports Centre on Saturday. 9:45 for 10am start

Kenny,

To confirm I am still keen on getting some coaching tips (and actually competing at some races!).

In terms of Saturday I am doubtful as I am still feeling under the weather, so anything I do at the weekend is likely to be on the light side and if it is just me and Jan as maybe's at present it looks like it may not happen anyway.

I know the good people at Walkers Cycling Club run mid-week floodlit sessions (at Irvine Beach Park) so I don't know if this is something anybody else would be interested in if a suitable time/venue could be arranged i.e. Garnock Rugby Club grounds is one possibility.

Being mid-week it would also please Mrs "B" as a "skills" session on Saturday, followed by race on Sunday may be construed as taking the proverbial.

Interested in what others think!

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not going to go this Saturday, but I'm keen to do some training etc.

Last year there was a few of us (including the Muls and the McLeans) that went up to the mines above Muirshiel Country Park. It was a good laugh, but would obviously need to be a weekend "event".

Not sure of any evening venues, but would be keen. Will need to make sure that we don't destroy any pitches.

Ramsay,

Agree the venue is the issue but if you could find somewhere it would be a good way to spend some of the darker evenings.

Might take a run down to Irvine tomorrow to see if the Walkers sessions are not just a figment of my imagination (it's certainly possible!), if I was feeling better I might even take the bike.

D

• 1 month later...