caledonian etape

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about the etape but i do fancy the drumlanrigg when does this take place i can highly recommend the ken laidlaw sportif for anyone that fancies a hilly challenge i'll be doing it again hoping to do about 6 sportifs next year getting to 100 miles at a comfort hope some one can help point me towards good sportifs to try it would be great to see more jwcc at some of these events

greig & hopefully elaine Take THAT, ya bas!

kay / charlie

here are some of the runs i fancy doing the may drumlanrig 40 miles , june trossachs ton 100km ( think thats about 65 miles ) , july selkirk not sure of mileage , august ken laidlaw hawick 55 miles( just to try and beat my time of this year) , september pedal for scotland 100 miles im open to ideas if anyone knows of other runs i am willing to consider most

greig :flamethrower

James

Drumlanrig will not be open yet will be doing the 106 mile run which is a bit lumpy, but fun, the food stop is not timed which allows for a decent re fuel, however i have learned from last year long feed stiff legs.

Charlie,

You've talked me into it I will book tonight....it's for a good charity after all. However I am still considering what fee to charge for domestique deluxe duties :lol:

Also really fancy Drumlanrig so it would also be good to get a committed group together for this and go for a time as by the sound of it is a really good test of (wo)man and machine.

I have been mentioning it for a while but really still fancy a continental trip and the Tour of Flanders Sportive is one I would really like to do. An iconic race so something to tell the grand weans about. It gets better as it is completed the day before the pros race which I would plan to stay and watch along with a few beers - proper beer I may add - and soak up the unique atmosphere.

The full "pro" event is not for the faint hearted 260Kms and ALL the cobbled climbs so anybody including myself would have to be in top condition to do it, a good incentive for me to shed some more pounds, and I would leave the carbon rims at home (PAVE ALERT!). Entry I believe is on the day but I am going to start finding out a wee bit more about accomodation and the logistics of getting there.

Now I've officially shown my hand - if anybody is at all interested let me know.

Cheers,

Davie.

Dave

Re The Tour of Flanders, i think i will be interested, are you doing the long run with all 13 pave cols? If you do the homework and let me know costs and duration ( off work) i have another couple of options to look at this year including C2C ( biaritz to Argles sur mere) which includes some classic cols and or Geneva to Nice which includes sunshine and some cols. Should have made my mind up by xmass

I would also like to do the Etape du tour :icon_yes

Billy,

It will be tough on my wee legs but I would be planning on doing the full 260Ks as I think half the experience is doing what the pros.

Some more info in link attached and I will post any more details as I get them....

http://www.cyclosport.org/article.aspx?id=253

Also fancy the Etape du Tour (or Marmotte or Gran Fondo event) so it would be good if we could get a group of like minded people together and get it organised ASAP as I believe the biggest challenge with these is actually getting signed up for event//flights/accomodation etc.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

phew ! What a lot to take in. If tour 2/3 days should be ok. Will leave it up to Billy & Davie B to decide which event I give them a hiding at. Richard. You and non wheeler more than welcome at the lodge as are Lindsay James Greig and any one else who enters the race.

All,

Just to confirm that I have now entered and used the code word. Charlie a bed for the night would be most apppreciated and the fee most acceptable.

Re. Flanders will progress with details and post up ASAP as it seems to have generated some interest - the more the merrier Oh ya dancer !

Davie