Fresh N Low Pedal for Scotland Sportive

Colin H

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary/Iain/Dave,

I had originally signed up for the 50 miler.

In light of this I wil be at Glasgow Green for 6:30am ish as this is when registration opens for me to change to the 100 miler.

If you zoom into the map of the sportive route at the start, you will see Glasgow Green shown in between the peoples palace and a column statue.

I would propose we meet at the statute for say 6:45/6:50am to allow us to start at 7am...what do you think?

Also on the way back, I presume we will cycle down the Waverley and get the train back...it is about a 2.5 mile from the finish...does anyone know if we need to book the bikes on the train?

Is Colin H, Lance Logan, Richard, Paul C still on for this one?

Is anyone interested in joining to give JWCC a good representation?

I met up with Kenny Steele at the weekend and there is a good chance that the new kit will arrive in time..Kenny will keep us posted.

Let me know your thoughts?

Cheers

Grant

Do we know how many are doing the 100 miler?

I can be at the meeting point 06:45 - 06:50 for close to 7 am start.

Which statue are we talking about? - see link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Green.

The fountain in front of the peoples Palace, Nelsons Needle or the Bill Collins fountain?

I have not been to GG for a while.

Paul C

• 2023 Subscriptions
I'm doing the 51 miles with my son Cameron, one of the Jets. It will be his longest ride by far and would think our cycling time would be about 4 hours, if that sort of pace suits anyone else would welcome the company.

James

James, (thanks for email).

I'll be out with Danny and Lewis - would be great to get a JW/Jets express rolling, along with Richard and Morgan B. What time are you planning on setting off?

M

Martin,

I'm happy to fall in with whatever time everyone else wants to set off. I know Richard did favour an early start, dependant on train times. Can we maybe suggest 7:45 for 8 am start and see if that is agreeable with all parties? Anymore Jets or Wheelers looking to join in at least too set off together?

James

• 2023 Subscriptions

First train we can get from Joansin turns into a bus at Paisley, and even that wouldn't get us there before 9:20.

Will need to speak nicely to Pauline (first time for everything) to see if she can give us a lift up. Sorry to say we're not registered yet, will try to do so now but might need a bit of messing around on the day to pick up numbers etc.

Hence 8.30 dep probably the first we can do.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions
Martin/Richard

Meeting up for 8:30 is fine with me, if that suits all shall we agree to meet at Nelson's Needle?

James

8:30 it is. We're registered, just need to pick up numbers at the People's Palace.

BTW James, you suggested 4 hours cycling time. I hope we are allowed to add the Tunnock's Wafers time, the Fyffe's bananas time and the Co-op sticky buns time onto that? :roll:

'mon the Jets! Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions
Sorry guys.

Won't be able to make this one now......

Combination of man-flu, moving house and work have all contributed to a serious lack of miles :cry:

At least my post got you all talking and organised.

Have a good one.

Colin Hello, beer !!

Colin,

you could always join us. Sure the Jets would take it easy on you :smash:smash:smash

M

Right so...

Since I've been away for a week I've lost track of the goings on.

How many folks are doing the 100 & how many for the 50? I fancy the 100 but the most I've done this year is 65 in one ride max.

What's the final meeting points & times for the runs? I'll have to register on Sunday by the look of it.

Martin/Richard

Meeting up for 8:30 is fine with me, if that suits all shall we agree to meet at Nelson's Needle?

James

8:30 it is. We're registered, just need to pick up numbers at the People's Palace.

BTW James, you suggested 4 hours cycling time. I hope we are allowed to add the Tunnock's Wafers time, the Fyffe's bananas time and the Co-op sticky buns time onto that? :roll:

'mon the Jets! Oh ya dancer !

Martin,

Yes definetly time to be added for stops.

James