Thursday 17th June

Colin H

Back Road fun :oops: for this Thursday:

Start Clubhouse 1900

Howwood

Bowfield (via hilclimb)

Lugton

backroads towards/around Uplawmoor

Once onto Uplawmoor backroads its make it up as we go along time. Not totally au fait with these roads so we will just see how we go 8-) .

Colin Hello, beer !!

Only 3 out tonight. Davie B, Frank (I haven't been on a bike for 3 weeks but I'll still beat you up the hillclimb) and myself.

Left the clubhouse at slightly after 1900 as we waited just incase there was any latecomers.

Fair pace set to bottom of hillclimb where Davie zipped off the front leaving me to be passed by Frank about 3/4 of the way up with his clunk click Campag gears playing up :lol:

Over to Lugton (again at a fair pace) and we ventured onto the backroads. Had to turn 180 degrees whilst trying to get up the "mini Alp" as a tractor had broken down on the steepest part :angryfire

On through Uplawmoor and back along the Bowfield Road Davie left us at the bottom of the hill and Frank and I took a leisurley ride back home.

About 35 miles in all on a really nice night. Oh ya dancer !

Colin Hello, beer !!

Colin,

Am considering framing your post as it is probably the only time I will be described as "zipping off the front" Oh ya dancer !

Thankfully you didn't mention when I was dropped on the flat by yourself and Frank - I just hope you were making an effort at this point :angryfire

Anyway will work on your "interval after interval" plan which will hopefully make me better able to sustain the long hard pushes.

Cheers,

Davie