Etape du Perthshire; Sunday 11th July

Kenny Christie

• Members

Ta for the company, folks. Massive thanks to Chung for getting me to Pitlochry and to Greig for ferrying my surplus clothes around.

Elaine, I hope you're not too badly hurt and that your spill won't put you off cycling. Let us know how you're getting on, eh?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great day out in Perthshire, a bit windy at times to say the least, but a great route in great company :grin: Thanks top Bill for chaufeurring me top and fro ;-)

The day of course was spoilt by the accident to Elaine, i hope you're not in too much pain, and hope to see you out on the bike sooner rather than later...

Ian......

A really great day out in lovely company amidst delighful scenery - have now forgotten about the wind!. Many thanks to Grieg for his support in providing the backup vehicle and media coverage. And our best wishes to Elaine for a speedy and full recovery - a horrible thing to happen.

Mary and Iain

Great day with an unfortunate outcome for Elaine after colliding with her very own "tour dog" :rockets . Hope you are feeling better and your recovery is a quick one.

Following the extreme headwind up to Rannoch Station and my battle to uphold the honour of the Wheelers against Richie from the East Kilbride (although he probably could have dropped me if he had really tried :roll: ) as well as the individual TT alongside the loch to catch the bunch after Elaine's accident, I now have extremely sore and tired legs :oops:

All that effort up to Rannoch Station and the cafe was closed :rockets:uzi:smash

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Life Members

Excellent ride despite the wind and the closed cafe. We did eventually get some lunch in a bar and watched a bit of the tour on telly.

Elaine, you were doing really well until the accident happened, hope you have a speedy recover and see you on the bike very soon.

Thanks to Greig for the support drive, and the much needed chocolate bar when I was riding on empty.

Regards

Chung

hi just to say thanks for all the messages of support for elaine just spoken to the hospital and they are hoping to transfer her to paisley at some point today she has broken her humerus bone in 2 places and they have glued her chin back together she has told me to say that she was having a great time untill it happened and hope it didnt spoil anyones day special mention for colin who was first on the scene and did a great job Hello, beer !! as soon as the kids put pics on for me il get them to you all once again many thanks .

greig ;-)

hi folks just to let everyone know elaine had her operation on her shoulder today they have replaced it with steel and screws she is looking forward to getting back on her bike but i dont think that will be for a while yet were hoping to have her home by the weekend once again many thanks

greig Oh ya dancer !