Sunday 9th

Guest EPCC

As there has been some intrest in going over the water why not Today the 9th as The Pebbles run is postponed to next week.

0930 Ferry Gourock Hunters Quay either ride down or drive Al thinks its about 60 miles and 4000 ft of climbing, but worth the pain.

Chung would expect to see you on yhis one Oh ya dancer !

• Life Members

Hi Billy,

I should be able to make this one.

But can I suggest we go for the 10.00am ferry, cause it's a little too early at 9.30am.

Billy, and all those who are doing the Drumlandrig, enjoy the ride and hope the weather is kind to you on the day.

Cheers

Chung

Billy,

Sounds good to me and I should finally have chucked this cold by then :cry: .

Will need a late fitness test to see whether I will make it out this Sunday (the 3 ferries) otherwise I will be taking it easy.

All the best for your century on Saturday.

Davie

Billy,

As variety is the spice etc a possible variation would be Dunoon, Tignabruaich, Otter Ferry, Stachur, Ardentinny, Dunnon. About 75 miles 3000ft climbing ( misses C11 climb !). This takes in the beautiful rolling road along Loch Fyne. Possible cafe stops at Tigna or Stachur. Route on map my ride http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/argyl ... 3639394851 - dont know how to make this a link !

Al

• Members
Anybody riding down to the ferry?

Was thinking of leaving mine at 0830 if anyone is interested. SHould make for at least 110 miles :oops:

Colin

I was *thinking* - just thinking, mind - about riding back, so maybe I can offer you company then. Depends on how much damage has been inflicted beforehand.

• Members

That was an epic. Cheers to Al for picking the route: monster climbs and lovely views.

I ended up cycling back because there was an hour-long wait for the next Gourock-Glasgow train. Graeme did the same, though we didn't ride together. I wanted to dawdle along West Ferry and over the bridge. Totally shattered but I still beat the train home. :grin:

Dodgy phone photos to jog the memory:

4592652212_5ef6aa46f8_m.jpg

4592033371_7ae8445fe0_m.jpg

4592652060_a4213cbf59_m.jpg

4592030833_f13e319b13_m.jpg

Not in the pic? You probably weren't out today. It was just a very hilly, very scenic bad dream. :roll:

See you next time, folks.