Sunday 25th

Guest EPCC

• Members
I'm going out for a run on Saturday if anyone wants to join me. Route negotiable.

Frank

I'd like some steady miles tomorrow, Frank. If that's compatible with what you've got in mind, I could meet you at the clubrooms at half-nine (or at Bishopton or the north side of the bridge or anywhere else you care to name.) Let me know, please. Ta.

Colin

i take it you are talking about inchinan end of the road, have to pick my daughter up at 130 in stirling, so if i am not there dont wait and i will catch you at the Ferry.

Left from my house at 0830 and decided to head towards Houston to intercept Frank in an effort to stay warm. No sign of Frank and on passing his house all looked quiet :-? .

Pushed on to get to the end of the Georgetown as quickly as possible where there was no sign of Billy :-?

Headed onto Langbank and got to Station Road for 0910 where as expected there was no sign of Tom (I presumed he either looked at the weather and decided against it or given that I was nearly half an hour late he had already left for Gourock). :-?

I was never going to make the 0930 ferry so decided instead for a tour of our Flandrian like backroads (who needs cobbles when you can see the potholes from the moon :angryfire ). Had a wee habble (if such a thing is possible on your own) from Langbank back to Houston. Needless to say I won all the sprints and came away as king of the mountains (first and last time probably :roll: )

Apologies to anybody who had waited around for me to appear. Hope you all ventured out and that I just missed you.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin

I went back and forth along Main Road until 9:05am when I saw 3 guys go by on the dual carriageway. I raced after them and caught them at Findlaystone. After having tagged along for another 500m I managed to get enough air into my lungs to speak to them. They are from Bishopton, one of them being the guy who organises the Millport day at the end of May

I did about 55km with them and then another 35 on my own.

Now back home and even washed the bike!!

I think the hills would have been even more miserable today than where we went so no great loss.

Tom