2up Wednesday 21st April

Colin H

I intend to help out with timekeeping on Wednesday night however cannot guarantee being there on time (work training course will dictate that).

Anybody interested in deputising if I cannot make it? Even if I can turn up it makes life a bit easier especially when collecting dues (as proved by Ian's fine work last week 8-) )

Colin

A big thanks to Richard for timekeeping tonight.

A big turnout again tonight and with the Velo on afterwards it made for a busy night on the Georgetown

Ron 21:29

Kay and Mary 23:45

Mark L 20:33

Stuart and Ian McG 19:13

Mike F 19:16

Davie A 20:20

Martin and Al 20:55

Jonny C DNF

Jeff 19:13

Greg 18:27

Charlie and Iain C 19:03

Jonathan 20:09

James and Donald 16:38

David Thomson 17:44

Vicky and Jim D 17:45

Karen 18:46

Kenny S 21:23

Campbell C 18:50

Al Y 19:54

Frank 18:27

Ian L 22:25

1st James and Donald 16:38

For comparison other times of note from the Velo event

George McC 17:15

Derek R 17:39

Scott N16:46

Bert H 21:04

The following is posted on behalf of Richard

Thanks go to Willie Cosh and Kenny Christie for pushing off. I'm also obliged to Ian McGinty and everyone else who whispered names to me as riders crossed the line. I know it's hard to remember these things when you're knackered and coming to the finish, but please try and shout your name or start position as you come home. Identifying people you haven't laid eyes on before when they're travelling at 20+mph isn't easy. One guy in a cycling jersey looks much like another. Frank can testify to my problems in this area - he was * standing * in front of me and I still couldn't come up with his name. :-/

The vast majority paid their dues - thanks very much. £78 to go to club coffers.

Commiserations to Jonny who left the start line not once but twice only to be undone by a wonky saddle on both occasions.

The times above have been double-checked and are correct. I owe an apology to Ian L. I think I gave you the correct time when you were reading over my shoulder, but the time I read from my notebook to the massed ranks was out by a minute. Poor arithmetic on my part. Your time was definitely 22:25.

Finally, if I've got the spelling of your name wrong, sorry. Don't let me do it again. Send a PM and let me know.

Thanks,

I noticed that we could do with a more organised recording sheet, so I made one up for this week. I'll get there early to help out. I don't mind doing the timekeeping sometime in the future when I've got back into this time-trialling malarkey.

As a returner to the cycling game after 30 years, I have been pretty alarmed at the constant danger from the passing cars at the events. Shouldn't we be putting up some warning signs, at least?

Johnny's saddle is now glued in position - so no excuses this week - or at least not that one!