Sup6r Six Round 1 Edinburgh RC Gifford RR

David Thomson

Guest Jim Daly

Good luck David! Make sure you're near the front on the last lap up through Gifford.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to join you, due to a very badly timed holiday.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Well it was a dodgy start to my racing career as I was one of about 20 involved in a crash while still in the neutralized area. :oops: I managed to break part of my front break but it is still usable thankfully. Just a few bumps for me but one Falkirk CC guy got taken away in an ambulance. He is ok and out of hospital btw. After that the race managed to get started properly and 2 ERC boys got away but they didnt exactly look as if they had been doing much winter training if you know what I mean. To much Hello, beer !!. The 2 of them collected most of the KOM and Sprint primes so I didnt bother getting involved with them. Not worth wasting energy for 1 point I thought.

By the last lap everything was back together and the turn at cockles corner there was a cross wind from the right to left. For some reson the Falkirk CC guy moved over to the LHS and everybody followed so nobody was getting any shelter. I decided to attack and got a good 150 metres but on the climb out of Bolton the gap was only 20-30 meters as the ERC :rockets and Team Lesley Bike Shop :rockets had sorted out the echelon problem and hauled me back. I sat up so I would be able to get my breath back for the spint.

On the run in to the finish I was about 15 back but there was another crash this time into a moving car in the opposite direction. I got caught behind it and so with 600 meters to go I was way back in the 30's. I was absoultly raging. :angryfire I stuck the chain in the 53-12 and just started sprinting and every single gap I thought I had a 1% of getting though I just went for it and managed to get all the way up to 6th. Oh ya dancer ! Pretty happy for it being my first RR and hopefully with a little less bad luck I will be able to actually be in contention with 600 meters to go and not have to fight all the way through.

Thanks for reading

David

Now i'm of to celebrate. Oh ya dancer !Hello, beer !!