Don Smith 2010

martin

Ran along the track from kilbarchan to Howwood today, small path cleared in the middle of track most of the way. did pass a few people on mountain bikes, but none on road bikes. the path does get worse from howwood to loch winnoch. take a shovel if your going that way. K x :lol:

• Members

That was a good run today; might have been better if I wasn't on my own for large chunks of it.

I don't mind being dropped but generally I expect to be on my bike when it happens. We stopped in Largs for those who wanted to use the gents', and to try and ascertain the whereabouts of the guy and girl from East Kilbride (Brian and Lyndsey?) I nipped into a shop for more water. The last thing I expected to see on the way back to my bike was the bunch taking off at such a speed that it split in two. We had been standing around for ages, so I don't think that another 60 seconds to make sure I was back on would have been a great imposition. I was taking spells and talking to people all the way down to the coast - it's not like you didn't know I was there. Anyway, end of rant. :-/

I caught Campbell in Gourock. We got stuck behind some sort of parade and he punctured trying to find a sneaky route to the front. One tube-change later and on to the Clune, where my companion bonked big time. I waited at the top and left Campbell on the forecourt of the petrol station, consuming assorted confectionaries from a poly bag. Hope you made it back OK.

I returned to Lochwinnoch and then back to Glasgow. 100-odd miles for me door-to-door. It'll probably do me good - if I can still walk tomorrow.

Thanks to Martin for organising.

Firstly thanks to Mul for a great route and a well orginised day, Richard sorry did not know you were not on, the blast out of Largs was great, and fast however it was hard enough trying to stay on the wheel of the quick guys stayed on with Alan and richard for a while then the three of us dropped back a bit, however we worked hard all the way round and managed an average speed of about 19 plus an extra 4 miles so thanks to Alan and Richard, great ride see you all next week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard

Did not realise you were not on. I last saw you coming across the road from Nardinis with a bottle of water. Then we were off again. I thought you and Campbell were just behind me.Then out the blue the pace increased.Myself and Bob got dropped but worked together to try and keep in touch.It was only when we turned off to the Cloch lighthouse that we noticed that both you and Campbell were not behind us. I kept telling Bob that Billy Mac and Richard could be reeled in ( got that one well wrong. Good effort lads)Bob and I had a communication breakdown in Gourock and I travelled from Gourock to Lochwinnoch on my own. If you are out next week I will make a point of looking out for you

Thanks to Martin for all his hard work in making it a brilliant day.

Charlie