Mugdock

Alan McLean

Please see the Scottish Cyclocross website for details of tomorrow's race location - the link on the Scottish Cycling website is incorrect.

The race is being held at the Craigend Visitor Centre in Mugdock Country Park = postcode is G62 8EL.

http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/20 ... cross.html

Please tell anyone you know that's going to Mugdock for the first time.

Copied from Braveheart site, would hate to see anyone turn up at the wrong location and miss all the fun. It's Party time!

Good luck to all those taking part

Hello, beer !!

Richard

• Committee

Looks like Kenny C is the man to beat. He left me for dead after about five laps. Great bike handling and fitness.

A lovely course with greasy off-camber grass, steep mud ( up and down), hardpack, hurdles and as few other wee obstacles. The top guys proved that it is was almost all cyclable, including the two foot stone wall barrier.

On the drive back we picked up a muddy Tony in Duntocher. He was cycling back to Kilbarchan in heavy rain after the race: Joansin hardcore. Even more hard core was Mike also cycling home but, mate, we passed you on the bridge and couldn't stop! Sorry.

Good turnout again with Sarah now joining in the open racing with the guys.

Final results still awaited.

I can't come to the next few races but look forward to the reports.

a

Never having had a proper go of a cyclo x bike I would guess it was easier to manhandle an MTB around that course on Sunday. I had the benefit of some local knowledge;-)

Just to echo the previously mentioned support around the course from the extended Johnstone bunch. Personally it was much appreciated by me and kept me going. I tried my best not to stack it in front of you all.8-)

I spent around 2 hours scrubbing my kit trying to get the worst of the mud off, not that Im fussy about my cycling gear you understand. :oops: I wont tell you how long I spent cleaning my bike.:oops:

I suggest a Johnstone away kit in all black Rapha Condor style! :grin:

Kudos to you guys cycling back over the water after the event, it wouldn't be me

I will miss the next two events but hope to pick it back up at Fife. :smash

Nice videos Jan - I especially like the gentleman attempting to bunny-hop the log at 5:25 into the second clip...full marks for trying...

Given the large numbers in the senior race and the congestion at the start, I've been wondering if maybe it's time to start splitting the field up. Apparently there were 130 starters on Sunday - first time I turned up at Mugdock (2006) there were about 50-60, i.e. numbers have doubled in 3 years. I suppose you could have an A race and a B race, like the Super 6 format? I think Mugdock generally gets the biggest turnout in the series but even at Auchentoshan last week there were 100+ on the start line.