Sunday 18th August

Colin H

Right Guys and Gals,

How's about this for Sundays ride:

Club Rooms - Kilbirnie (via track)

Kilbirnie - Dalry

Dalry - Kilwinning

Kilwinning - Largs (Cafe Stop for those who want one)

Largs - Greenock (along coast road)

Greenock - Langbank (via Westferry)

Langbank - Houston

Georgetown - Moss Road

Clubrooms

Around 70 easy(ish) miles clubroom to clubroom. Again nice easy pace given the time of year (not like Sundays 25mph charge from Tarbet to Balloch :oops::roll: ).

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Life Members

Hi Colin,

Last time I was out by 1 month when I got the Radar ride date mixed up. But you bet me this time by being 2 months. Nice one!

;-)

Anyway, sound like a plan, will try and make it. Hope to be there on Sunday.

Cheers

Chung

• Members

I left for the clubrooms at half-eight this morning. But like an eejit, I tried to get there via the Erskine Bridge, a route I've never used to get to Johnstone before.

Many a wrong turn was taken on an impromptu (and unwanted) tour of Renfrewshire which took in Bishopton, Erskine and Renfrew. I was on my way back to the bridge - in a foul mood - when I chanced upon two cyclists. They were very helpful and gave me a foolproof set of directions to follow.

So, I did a U-turn and went back the way I had come. It was about twenty-past nine when I saw the signs for Houston. Just for a second, I allowed myself to think that I could catch the bunch on the cycle track.

Well, I had barely gone 100 yards on Houston Road when I punctured - front and rear. The sound of hissing air was accompanied by an outburst of bad language which had the birds in the hedges blushing. :roll:

I'll maybe try again next week.

Guest Jim Daly

Forgot to set the alarm to get me up and slept in.

Set off at 11am to meet the bunch head on around the coast via Gourock.

By the time I reached W Kilbride, I was fairly convinced there had been a change of route. :roll:

• 2023 Subscriptions

David sorted after a visit to A& e at paisley. His injury looked like a machete wound to the thigh which is normal business for Paisley A&E but clad in my new Johnstone wheelers top I was able to convince them that he had in fact been scythed by a road safety barrier. Says he will be back next Sunday. 5 stitches by the way