Container

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Sharons dad has donated a 30 foot metal container to the club Ohyadancer!

It requires us to do a bit of prep work for its instalation. I require some bodies to help lay out four railway sleepers and level them at side of clubrooms. This has to be down before Monday. Any volunteers to assist on Saturday morning please let me know asap.

The container will store polo bikes , rollers etc and allow the showers to be cleared and give us some essential storage .

Well done to Brian as he is actually buying the container ,its not a surplus one that he has at present. Many thanks are due.

The delivery of the container will be on either Monday of Tuesday (Actual date will be confirmed on Friday) :grin: . I need to make a second attempt to get my Windscreen replaced in my car (new model - takes forever to get parts!) on Sat. morning, but I'll be over as soon as I can to help out - hopefully in time for the cups of tea! Hello,beer!!

• Members

Many thanks to the brave souls who turned up to help lay sleepers and remove concrete posts

Paul Mcd & laura , Paul MscK and Liam , Pat , Iain L , Ian M , Stevie B all braved the elements to get the area prepared for container and new fence.

Kenny macD avoided heavy work by faking a phone call from one of our sponsors ;-)

Next work party Tuesday ( time to be advised , but will be daytime) to assist in placing container into position.

All help apreciated Ohyadancer!Ohyadancer!

Guest fatblokeonbike

I was quite touched this morning. (Quiet in the back row, there!) Everybody was most solicitous for my health - "is that not too heavy, Iain?" and the like. It wasn't until it was too late that I realised I could have pleaded "Yes" and stood by, taking it easy and just watching the others induce hernias in themselves.

Still, the morning showed some kind of profit - under the second railway sleeper from the front, I found another half-dozen smilies who must have escaped from somewhere.

icon_blue_laugh

• Members

The container is on site but requires to be moved a few feet back and to the left. Does anyone have a contact for a mobile crane , at a good rate?

asap

ps well done to Paul Mcsk. , Iain web wizard and Pat Boyle who turned up to help. Lorry sank in mud and had to be rescued , all in all an exciting day :shock:

kenny,

the best i could do was:

sammy walkers ltd

ctc john morrison 0141 778 8414

this geezer will move it for 188.00 incl vat.

if you can call him kenny and explain that its on site he might bring the price down a bit.

he has a hi-ab , please note that many container company's use him as he has a hi ab attached to a truck which can shift container.

best of luck.......

sorry mate its not cheap but dont know any1 else in the area.

stevie blom

Guest fatblokeonbike

Whatever / whoever is chosen, everyone please note that it's not a case of one simple movement / adjustment - we need to be able to suspend the container several feet above the ground so we can get in there and sort out the positions of the sleepers, the slope of the ground, etc. I foresee that big box will be up and down quite a number of times before we get it right. :cry:

Yooors,

Iain.