Super Saturday 13 January

• 2023 Subscriptions

Managed to eventually get a late entry in the end for track league tonight.

First race was short scratch. I felt dreadful on the verge of getting dropped from  the roll out and had to struggle to get back on over about 5 or 6 laps. Just felt really tired. Was going to go home but figured i paid the late start fee so may as well do another race. This was the longer scratch and felt much better, a few of us tried to make it hard but that didnt succeed, sprint opened up early with a couple off the front with 2 go and was quite far back but managed to make up ground and get 2nd. Next was points, scored in the first and the last, and with the last being double points that was enough for another 2nd. Last was a devil, lots had decided to go home by then so only 6 of us left - full gas from the gun with everyone treating it as 2 lap scratch race because if you avoided the first elimination it would mean TL points. After that i continued on hard and managed to hold on for the win. So a good night overall, dont know what was up with me the first race - warmed up as usual, had eaten etc just felt knackered.

Well done to Kyle, got a few good results in the Bs really starting to make the step up now! And Matti too continuing his fine form in the As.

Now onto Saturday - i think sign on is from 12, racing from 1....i didnt enter the Keirins only doing the endurance events.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jan and Cedric aquitted themselves well today, in the B and A groups respectively. Jan will report on the devil I'm sure, I saw him get 3rd in scratch race. Cedric made an attack full of panache with 3 to go in points, got a good gap then caught on the bell.  I got a total kicking and exited before the last race as I was incapable of hanging on and feeling not right.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable afternoon.

Points i was a little frustated - won a sprint and felt like i had legs to do better but race didnt pan out as i thought it would. Scratch was better with 3rd.  Was  hard and tried to help push onthe pace ended up maybe a group of 6 or 7 with a lap,  couple of passengers in this group soft tapping through or double switching. Of course by time sprint came round i was cooked while they were fresh so couldnt pass them.  Devil, my usual tactic, survived until the bell but then the lights went out couldnt respond to the kick and finished 3rd. Pretty pleased with all that it was a tough B group today, harder than a normal Wednesday.

Cedric got a 2nd in the A devil so good return to track for him!