Chain gang 10/8 6.30 pm

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was interesting. Myself James Iain Mctavish Eric and Andy Prenelle headed off along Georgetown . By time turned for bishopton I doing my usual hiding at back. Got a bit of a fright going up to 1st set of lights as my BPM suddenly rocketed to 193 but stopped at lights and went back down so hoping was technical fault and not heart failure. Mctavish the gent he is nursed me back on to bunch on bishie hill and we were joined by 2 non wheelers. Hung on to bunch till about 1/2 mile from turnoff at 0 took shortcut with Eric and met bunch on Clune. Hung on to back of bunch till BOW and decided to call it a day. Cheers guys for the tow

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ended with double puncture just after Kilmacolm. My spare tube valves were too short for rims!!!! Thats what happens when you assist the JW and you get short tubes back as a replacement LOL. Had too get my wife to pick me up.

Good night all the same

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not used to this hard work! Fell of the back twice after so many efforts, downside of a smaller bunch always surging forward it seemed. Result was a couple of high tempo solo runs TT -style!

Bad luck James but pleased to learn Mrs S was on hand with the recovery vehicle.

Was a good dry evening for the bike.