Chaingang 22 June Sewing Bee route 630 clubrooms

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hopefully the weather holds, rain forecast for later in the evening but might be ok for this.

Meeting place is outside the clubrooms at 630 (or bottom of the Bowfield about 640)

Aim is to keep it together up the Bowfield then through and off to Stewarton via Lugton and Dunlop. Intermediate is the Dunlop 30 (2, 1 points).  Once at Stewarton take a left then up the drag and it will be 3, 2 ,1 points for the first 3 to the top. The finish of the KOM will be the start of layby at top of the hill before the fishing reservoir.

Here is a photo so you know where it is and so i dont get accused of making up a finish line that suits where i am on the night :)

post-3959-0-04610600-1498040176_thumb.jpg

Because it is on a bend i think best to continue on and regroup after the descent at Craigton road which is this road.

post-3959-0-49741900-1498040197_thumb.jpg

Regroup here rather than the usual place (which would be the stables) so we can take Craigton road to Neilston - the road surface is a bit better here and it will also be a little quicker so everyone gets home before it gets too late.

Finish is the top of the Dalek climb (top taken to be the right turn at the farmhouse) 6, 4, 2 for the first 3.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Toughest chaingang of the year...was like a knife fight up the Stewarton drag, Marc with a machete, Robbie with a Rambo knife and me with a blunt pen knife!

Intermediate to Dunlop 30 Marc 1st with Alex 2nd

Stewarton drag KOM, Me, 1st, Marc 2nd and Richie 3rd

Finish up the final climb Robbie 1st, Marc 2nd and Richie 3rd

post-3959-0-04424200-1498161157_thumb.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ive amended the scores on the spreadsheet, so it goes to first 3 wheelers (Richie still gets his points) - means Robbie 3rd on the KOM, Paul 3rd for the finish and Alex getting a consolation point for the wrong finish. Partly my fault, my description applied to both.

I make all this far too confusing!