New Winter Jacket, fit samples available

JaneF

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jane

I know I am wasting my time but as a rain jacket it would be extremely unwise to purchase with yellow and white as part of the colour scheme if you actually intend to use it cycling with a bunch during our very wet and salted roads. The need to follow the washing instructions to maintain the garments resistance to water ingress means they will not get clean so why buy such an item unless you are planning on wearing it to go to Tesco's .

I do not think that making the garments colour more functional too much to ask but my comments seem to be ignored made my point so will not be purchasing a garment that will not last a seasons wear

You have made your point quite clearly Billy and I understand that you will not be purchasing a jacket. The design is being kept the same as the other Club jackets to ensure we get one this season. When someone takes over this role I am sure that there will be changes made. The nature of the technical advances in fabrics available and sponsorship changes mean we will never have all the members in matching kit. The jacket is the best I can source competitively in Club livery.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The jacket doesn't have to match , nobody will be wearing it when racing, so one solid colour is an option and not difficult to do but we are pushing forward a garment that the colours are not practable and asking our members to buy it is plain stupid

• 2023 Subscriptions

The jacket doesn't have to match , nobody will be wearing it when racing, so one solid colour is an option and not difficult to do but we are pushing forward a garment that the colours are not practable and asking our members to buy it is plain stupid

Billy,

Getting a new kit design takes time and money so we are going with what we have. You don't have to buy one. Others will if they want to. 

Or given that Jane is standing down as kit manager at the AGM, you could always take over ;-)

• Committee

Thanks for all your hard work Jane.

I have a Windtex one and it cleans up fine despite evil winter conditions.

The Windtex is great for cold and damp. It is windproof and showerproof but has stitched seams only and can't handle prolonged rain. Does the new one have sealed seams?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Martin

Thanks but no thanks was trying to make a point that yellow water repelant jacket won't last one Scottish winter and as it's a new supplier we had the opportunity to make it more practical but nobody wants to listen so I will no longer pop my head above the parapet and go back to ignoring posts

Will buy something that will last

• 2 years later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Carol

welcome to the club. If u go to “Announcements” you will see that we are in process of redesigning our club kit. Final decision will be made at AGM next month. Robbie Hughes is now our kit man so if keen for item then he guy to message.

hope to meet you on the road

charlie