Zwift JWCC Discussion

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

:) true

I wish it was that easy. I remember the halcyon days of being free to do as I please on my midweek days off but now my riding is confined to my 2 Sundays in every 5 or the turbo at 8 or 9pm!!

Did I say I'm signed up for La Marmotte!!

No idea if this is any good or not but might be of interest https://veloreality.com/product/marmotte-france-parts-1-to-4/Works with smart trainers

Got my smart trainer set up last night.

iPad on Zwift and connected as easy as you like :)

Something different from Sufferfest for a change.

Have to wait til a day off to use it!

One thing....when I'm pairing devices at the start, it gives me the option of watts or the speed sensor. What's the difference as with the watts I still have a speed indicated.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Use watts, the speed sensor isn't very accurate on a Turbo trainer. Watts will give you a proper reading and training tool. Ask Coach Billy ;)

Got my smart trainer set up last night.
iPad on Zwift and connected as easy as you like :)

Something different from Sufferfest for a change.

Have to wait til a day off to use it!

One thing....when I'm pairing devices at the start, it gives me the option of watts or the speed sensor. What's the difference as with the watts I still have a speed indicated.

Cheers

I'm excited about my Zwift debut on Thurs night...probably about 9pm once the kids are in bed!!

What's recommended? Just pick a course to ride round to start with? You guys always seem to do Watopia but there are a few are there not?

Are races only at particular times? Are they hard?

I had a wee pedal when I was setting up and liked how my smart trainer increased the pressure on hills but how realistic should it be?

I was in a higher gear than I might normally be on a 12% section.

Any other info...fire away

Cheers

Xxx

Richie download the zwift app on your mobile the rides are categorised according to everyone's w/kg so to begin with I suggest a group ride which is between 2 - 3 w/kg. Many of the rides are social rides and not races. The app gives you instructions in how to join a race but some events are not posted till 2 days before see facebook page uk zwifters under events as well .

Hi folks.

Well, had my first ride round London for an hour tonight.

Enjoyed Zwift and my smart trainer. I like Sufferfest because it feels like there's more atmosphere with the race you're watching etc but Zwift makes you work.

Do you find it to be quite accurate? At one point I increased my rpm by quite a bit but my speed didn't really change. Maybe my trainer just had to catch up?

The hills seemed hard enough based on the gradient although I took about 11 mins to do Box/Fox Hill and someone got up there in half the time!!

Maybe one for Billy that he might have touched on....with Sufferfest you vary your speed etc based on the footage but I guess with Zwift it's up to you to increase your effort or else you're just riding round?

Last thing was that I can't connect to Strava yet.

The one thing to be aware of when riding on zwift ( and this may depend on whether or not you use a smart trainer or static with power on crank : pedal system so I may be corrected by anyone on such a system ) is that in a power file analysed retrospectively, I find that I am making very few anaerobic efforts although my average power is high relative to ftp. Therefore as a fun way of training it has its uses but in terms of addressing limiters etc it is not particularly good in terms of specificity regardless of what you do in terms of racing etc. The training programmes in it are better for this. Hope this is useful btw I am now on the aero bike .